Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Honourable Mentions

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.

My Best Everything by Sarah Tomp
This book sounded unique and I was interested in finding out more about it, unfortunately I just couldn't get into it and ended up putting it down about 10% in.

The Three by Sarah Lotz
This book sounded creepy and something that I would LOVE, But I just didn't connect with it. The way the story is told just didn't work for me and I ended up putting it down after a few chapters.

The Curse Keepers Collection by Denise Grover Swank
I've seen these books on NetGalley but never really requested them as I missed the first book. When I saw this collection I knew I had to grab them while I could.
Unfortunately, after over a week of little progress I am putting this one down. I can't really get into the story which leaves me with little motivation to want to continue reading.

We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
I'm really not feeling this one. The characters were annoying me a few pages into the book, but I tried to persevere to no avail.
Putting this down as a DNF.

Mind Games by Teri Terry
It's taken me 6 days to get close to 50% in this book. With other books waiting to be read I really can't spend another 6 days trying to finish this one.
It's a DNF for now, and I may borrow this one at some point in the future.
I can't really pinpoint what is making it so hard to read this book, possibly I'm just it feeling this one at this moment in time.


Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Leave a link to your reviews for any of these books.

1 comment:

  1. I finished Mind Games and We All Looked Up but I must confess I skimmed the last quarter of both books. I have My Best Everything to read so I hope I can get into it.
    I am trying to stop requesting so many books on netgalley and to only request ones I think I will really enjoy but even then you never know until you start.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...