Monday, 9 March 2015

Review: Dead Heat [Alpha & Omega #4] by Patricia Briggs


Title: Dead Heat
Author: Patricia Briggs
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter (Mercy's Garage)
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Alpha & Omega #4
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Ace
Publication Date: 3rd March 2015
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
The Alpha and Omega novels transport readers into the realm of the werewolf, where Charles Cornick and Anna Latham embody opposite sides of the shifter personality. Now, a pleasure trip drops the couple into the middle of some bad supernatural business . . .


For once, mated werewolves Charles and Anna are not traveling because of Charles's role as his father's enforcer. This time, their trip to Arizona is purely personal - or at least it starts out that way . . .

Charles and Anna soon discover that a dangerous Fae being is on the loose, replacing human children with simulacrums. The Fae's cold war with humanity is about to heat up - and Charles and Anna are in the cross fire.
My Thoughts
I am a huge fan of Mercedes Thompson, but for some reason it took me longer to find Charles & Anna, but once found I could not put them down, I am eager for each new addition to their story.
Dead Heat begins with Charles trying to find a birthday present for Anna, and ends up being a journey to visit a friend from the past, who also sells horses. It becomes clear quite quickly that their intended short visit will not be short, or sweet, when fae get involved.

One thing I enjoy about this series is how the books follow each other, and after the ending in the previous book I had to know what was going to happen within the pages of Dead Heat. When I got the email to say I had been approved it took me a moment to actually believe I was reading it correctly as I really didn't think I would get this one. Dead Heat has everything you expect, not only from Patricia, but also Charles and Anna, and I really could not read this book fast enough.

Seeing parts of Charles's past was sad but also gave us a glimpse into how he used to live, and also some funny stories to laugh to. Some of the horse related information made no sense to me so I was glad that Charles has to explain it to Anna, but reading about the shows and what happens in them sounded so amazing, I really wish I had this type of thing close to where I live.

I really love how Anna has come on so much as this series has progressed, she is stronger, and more secure in herself and her relationship with Charles. She is not afraid to make her intentions known and stand up for innocents, and can knock some Alphas on their butts if she needs to.
"Charles asked me to stay here," she said, rather than confronting Hosteen with his lie. "You aren't my Alpha—and even if you were, he can't make me do anything, either."
Charles is also changing, he feels slightly more relaxed and less severe, except when he needs to be, he is less 'mercenary' and more approachable. Seeing this duo interact with each other, seeing their bond become stronger makes this an even more magical read.

Dead Heat is a perfect blend of magic, mystery, romance, and friendships that stand the test of time, and I have problems admitting I cried several times reading this book.

Final Verdict
Dead Heat has to be my favourite of the series so far. I devoured the pages, eager to find out what would happen next and I have no idea how long we have to wait for the next book, all I know is that I need it in my hands now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...