Monday, 30 March 2015

Review: Shift [Shift #1] by Kim Curran


Title: Shift
Author: Kim Curran
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Shift #1
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Publication Date: 6th September 2012
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
When loser Scott Tyler, meets the beautiful and mysterious Aubrey Jones, he learns he's not so average after all. He's a 'Shifter'. And that means he has the power to undo any decision he has ever made. At first, he thinks the power to shift is pretty cool. But as his world starts to unravel he realises his power has consequences

My Thoughts
Shift is one I listened to on audiobook, and loved it. I ended up picking up the books, Shift and Control, to read them, and was disappointed to hear the news about Delete. That disappointment soon vanished once I heard the news that Delete would be published, so I decided to pick up these books again to refresh my mind about what has happened before I read Delete. Since this was a TBR read, and not really a review book I don't really take notes, so its going to be brief and basic, but a small way to share my thoughts about the book itself.

Shift is a fast paced book, that doesn't leave you time to breathe, and although I know what happens, reading the book made me realise I had forgotten a few aspects of the story itself so it was a nice refresher for me. Shifters have the ability to shift in time, to make a change to another possibility of what might happen if they went with another decision. Like coming to a cross road and deciding whether to turn left or right. Turning right will make them late for something, so that are able to shift back and take the left turn, arriving on time. Shifters are regulated by ARES (The Agency for the Regulation and Evaluation of Shifters) with SLF (Shifter Liberation Front) trying to put a stop to ARES

Shift was just as good as I remembered it to be, it has a mixture of everything to keep you entertained and also leave you wanting more. The protagonist, Scott, is relatable and real, who expects some out of luck boy to end up with this ability. Kim has done a great job of making this world believable, but also mysterious and I can't wait to dive into the next book.

1 comment:

  1. This one looks cool. I like this parallel universe trend. Glad they really are releasing the last book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...