Friday, 27 March 2015

Terminal [Virals #5] by Kathy & Brendan Reichs


Title: Terminal
Author: Kathy & Brendan Reichs
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Series: Virals #5
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Cornerstone Digital
Publication Date: 26th March 2015
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
A terrifying new Virals adventure for Tory Brennan – great niece of Dr Temperance Brennan – and the Virals team as they come face to face with their greatest enemy. From the producer of the hit TV series Bones and No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author of the Temperance Brennan series.

Tory Brennan and the Virals are forced to confront the existence of a rival pack – The Trinity – who wants them off the scene – declaring war by engraving ‘One Territory. One Pack’ on a local landmark. What’s more this pack’s powers seem stronger and their eyes glow red rather than golden when they flare.

Chance Claybourne, who now owns his father’s pharmaceutical company, shares The Trinity’s powers – he accidentally infected himself and his ex-lab tech Will Speckman. Chance claims he’s on Virals’ side but can they trust him? And if Speckman is one of The Trinity, who are the other two?

As the tension mounts between the two packs an even greater threat looms. Covert government agents are closing in on them, determined to find out exactly how their powers work, to experiment on them. Have The Trinity pack given them Virals to save themselves? Or are both packs at risk?
My Thoughts
I first heard about the Virals Series a few years ago with the publication of Virals in 2011, since then I have eagerly awaited the publication of each new book. When I saw Terminal on NetGalley my request was in so fast, if you blinked you missed it, and although it took a while for it to be accepted I opened this one up the minute I finished reading my current read.

Terminal was everything I expected from the Virals, and from the authors, but somehow it managed to bring that little bit extra with it. I love the twist in the story with the new Viral pack, The Trinity, and I enjoyed seeing the differences between the two packs and the reasons for this change.
The Trinity may be the newbies on the island, but they are not willing to share, and won't go down without a fight. But pretty soon these attacks draw the wrong attention, and The Virals find themselves on the losing side each and every time.

When I heard the title for this book, Terminal, the first thought in my head was it's name came for the final book in this series, but after reading this book, Terminal stands for so much more, and I am not going to tell you what.

Terminal was a book full of action, adventure, and finally some decisions that had to be made. It had me laughing at The Virals, it had me crying over Coop, it had me speechless as events unfolded, unable to believe what I was actually reading, not wanting to believe what was being said or done. The final pages of the book broke my heart over the sacrifices that were made, but the last page left me with some hope, and a mended heart.

Final Verdict
Terminal was a great end to a series that I have enjoyed from the beginning. I didn't want it to end, and even though Terminal isn't a small book, it was over far too soon for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...