Sunday, 15 March 2015

The Sunday Post (11)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
Terminal by Kathy Reichs from netgalley
Remix by Non Pratt from publisher
Mother of Eden by Chris Beckett from publisher

Terminal was a request from when it first came onto NetGalley and has recently got approved. I can't wait to jump back into this world and see what happens next for the Virals, especially after the ending of the previous book. Remix was a request from a blogger event, and I even got to hear the author read a snippet about it. Looking forward to this one too. Mother of Eden is the next book after Dark Eden, I can't wait to read this one even though its a HUGE book.

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder purchased by myself
Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder purchased by myself
Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder purchased by myself

Pretty hardbacks of the Splintered series from my friend
The Healer series by Maria V. Snyder is one I have already read and actually own. But I wanted to get the smaller copies so that my set of Maria V. Snyder books would all match, especially as I am going to see her later this month. One of my amazing friends got me the pretty hardbacks for the Splintered series, She knew I wanted them and got them for me as a thank you for all the books I give to her (even though I don't expect anything back in return). She surprised me with them and I was so happy to actually have them in my hands.

Highlights from the blog

Sunday: I reviewed Jesper Jinx on audiobook, check out what I thought of the story and the narrator.
Monday: Vote for your favourite cover of Rule by Jay Crownover in my Book Wars post.
Monday: I also got the chance to review the second Jesper Jinx audiobook, Jesper Jinx and the Sneezing Season, Take a look and see what I thought about it.
Monday: I love this series so much, see what I thought about Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs with my review.
Tuesday: I took part in the Blushing Blog Shower blog tour, take a look at my guest post and make sure to enter the giveaway too.
Wednesday: Vanishing Girls was a mixed book for me, see what I liked and disliked about it here.
Thursday: This book does not disappoint at all, take a look at my review for The Haunting of Sunshine Girl.
Friday: I took part in the Dare to Dream blog tour, see what I thought of the book with my review post.

Around the blogosphere
Here is where I usually spend Saturday chasing up my saved links to add to this section, but since I spent the whole day in York and didn't get home till 9.30pm I have no energy to do this one :)


What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love the covers for the A.G Howard series. It looks like you got some amazing books in your haul. Enjoy your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Touch of Power, but still haven't continued the series even though I like Maria her writing style. I do own the second book in the series already. I really have to continue the series soon. It looks like you got a great haul this week. I hope you'll enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...