Sunday, 29 March 2015

The Sunday Post (13)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
Mindwalker by A.J. Steiger from publisher [unsolicited]
Minus Me by Ingelin Rossland from publisher  [unsolicited]
Conversion by Katherine Howe from publisher  [unsolicited]
Nest by Esther Ehrlich from publisher  [unsolicited]

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry from NetGalley
The Memory Hit by Carla Spradbery from NetGalley
Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten from publisher  [unsolicited]
Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser from NetGalley

Chopstix by A.T. Raydan from publisher
The Pointless Book 2 by Alfie Deyes from publisher
Crystal Force by Joe Ducie from publisher
The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent from NetGalley

The first four review books, Mindwalker, Minus Me, Conversion, and Nest were all sent unsolicited, but the day before they arrived I had actually requested three of these, and had them on my wish list. So I was super excited to open the parcel and find these.
Nowhere But Here is one I can't wait to make a start on, and I really do prefer this cover to the USA one. The Memory Hit sounds intriguing so I thought I would give this one a shot. Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls is another unsolicited one, it arrived with shortbread matchsticks, a note, and a pen. This sounds interesting and I hope to tackle it for publication month. Never Forgotten caught my eye initially for the cover, but after reading the synopsis I had to request this one and give it a try.
Chopstix is a book that sounds like it has the potential to be a great read, and the cover is also pretty cool too. The Pointless Book 2 was sent for review, I have seen the first book around and wanted to give this one a try, it's also the ultimate test for me to actually deface books. Crystal Force is one of the most anticipated sequel for me. I really enjoyed the previous book, The Rig, and I can't wait to find out what happens next. The Stars Never Rise is one I can't wait to read. I loved Rachel's Soul Screamers series, and have her Shifters waiting to be read, but I knew I HAD to have this one.

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
Sign Language by Amy Ackley purchased by myself
Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder purchased by myself

Sign Language has been on my wishlist for years, and I managed to snag this one half price...a hard back for less than the price of a paperback!!!! I also threw in Shadow Study and with a voucher these were less than £10, I think I added about just over £1 to the total cost.

Highlights from the blog
  • Monday: Book Wars this week is for The Jewel by Amy Ewing. Have you voted for your favourite cover yet?
  • Monday: I shared the cover for Heidi McLaughlin's newest book, Choose Me.
  • Tuesday: I shared my thoughts on the audiobook of Finding My Forever by Heidi McLaughlin.
  • Thursday: Want to know what freaky dream I have, then take a look at my Life of a Blogger post.
  • Friday: The final book in the Virals series. See what I thought about Terminal with my review.
Around the blogosphere

On Starships and Dragonwings shares a post about when to send links to the publisher with our reviews.

What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

5 comments:

  1. You got so many great books this week. I hope that you love all of them. They look amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed all of the books that I have read by Rachel Vincent and am looking forward to reading The Stars Never Rise myself! I hope that you enjoy all of these. It sure looks like you have plenty of great reading ahead of you. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely cannot WAIT for The Stars Never Rise! I kind of just want to scream in excitement. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could deface books! Ha. I hope you enjoy these books! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lot's of good looking books this week.

    I hope you enjoy :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...