Sunday, 1 March 2015

The Sunday Post [9]


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
Bomb by Sarah Mussi from NetGalley
Ferals: The Crow Talker by Jacob Grey from NetGalley
Made For You by Melissa Marr from NetGalley
The Three by Sarah Lotz from Bookbridgr

Gypsy Girl by Kathryn James from publisher
Lottery Boy by Michael Byrne from publisher
Jesper Jinx and the Turkish Pepper by Marko Kitti from author

Bomb is a book that has only recently been on my radar, so when I saw it on NetGalley I knew I had to request it. Ferals sounds interesting and I am looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. Made For You has been on my list for a while so when this one came up for review I didn't have to think about it and requested it immediately. I am a big fan of Melissa Marr's and can't wait to see what this one is like. The Three sounds creepy and I can't wait to read this. I don't know how I missed it on its original publication date.
Gypsy Girl was one I heard about at a blogger event and although this isn't published till May I am hoping to read this one soon. Lottery Boy was also another from the same blogger event, this one came with a great publication promotion with a Lottery Boy themed lottery ticket to win prizes on the website. Jesper Jinx was unsolicited, but I have love the previous books in this series, and they are very quick reads which are ideal to fit in between books.

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
Miami Hush Club: Episode 1 by Michelle Warren free on amazon UK
Breakaway by Lindsay Paige & Mary Smith free on amazon UK
After Math by Denise Grover Swank free on amazon UK
Meeting Trouble by Emme Rollins free on amazon UK

Groupie by Ginger Voight free on amazon UK
The Space Between by Kristie Cook free on amazon UK
Love and Skate by Lila Felix free on amazon UK
From the Wreckage by Michele G. Miller free on amazon UK

Greywalker by Kat Richardson purchased by myself
Poltergeist by Kat Richardson purchased by myself
All that Glitters by Holly Smale purchased by myself
Geek Drama by Holly Smale purchased by myself

I went one click happy on the freebies on amazon again this week. Most of these books are ones I have not heard about, but I did have After Math on my wishlist so this one was a great bargain. Greywalker & Poltergeist are books I already own, but halfway through the series the UK publisher didn't pick the books up. I discovered this after purchasing the books, so I have now got the USA versions that will be a complete matching set. All That Glitters is a book I HAD to buy, and my amazing friend took it to get signed for me. Geek Drama is the World Book Day book and can be purchased on kindle and paperback. I have both versions as I wasn't sure if I would see the paperback on publication day but I did and picked it up.

Highlights from the blog
  • Monday: Have you voted for your favourite cover of Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder yet?
  • Tuesday: I had mixed feelings about The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson, take a look at my review and see why.
  • Wednesday: Take a look and see what I'm Waiting On Wednesday for.
  • Wednesday: I posted my review for More Than Comics by Elizabeth Briggs today. See what I thought about it here.
  • Friday: I took part in the Broken Souls Book Blitz, make sure to check out the post and enter the giveaway.
  • Saturday: I posted up my Honourable Mentions for the month, of books I Did Not Finish.
Around the blogosphere
  • Lucy @ Queen of Contemporary posted about the first ever UKYA Extravaganza, take a look at her post to see what it was all about.
  • Finding My Forever by Heidi McLaughlin is finally up on audible, and I'm putting down my current book to listen to this one straight away. [UK|USA]

1 comment:

  1. WOW! A brill week!!!!!!!!! I obviously need to get my hands on that Melissa Marr :D
    I hope you enjoy everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...