Saturday, 25 April 2015

Honourable Mentions

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.

Ferals: The Crow Talker by Jacob Grey
This book had so much potential, unfortunately I'm not really feeling this one.

Made For You by Melissa Marr
I really liked the sound of this book, but after several attempts I'm really not liking it at all.

DNF

One Thing Stolen by Beth Kephart
Really can't get into this one. :(

Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser
Not really feeling this one.

I'll Give You the sun by Jandy Nelson
This is the first book by Jandy Nelson I have read, and I went into this with an open mind. But after several chapters I am finding it hard to read the book. I don't know if its the writing style itself, the backwards and forwards of the chapters, or the way the characters speak, adding a lot of unnecessary descriptive words.

Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant
I really can't get into this one. With the following warning on the back 'contains scenes of cruelty and violence' I expected a lot, but I just can't find the energy to read this, it has no interest to me.

DNF


Have you read any of these books and liked them, leave a comment below with a link to your reviews so I can add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...