Sunday, 5 April 2015

No Books Allowed (1)


No Books Allowed is the brain child of Raimy from Readaraptor. It's a way to share with you what I have been doing with my time that has nothing to do with being a blogger, or reading books.
This is the first time I have done this type of post. I realised that the past few weeks have been busy for me, and is possibly one of the many reasons my book reading is slowing down, but a lot of it hasn't really been book related, so I thought I would share what I have been doing with my time over the past few weeks. I hope to do this post as a monthly feature but we will seee how it goes.

Movie Time
I have been spending more time with my b/f just watching movies. We usually binge watch TV shows but a lot of movies have just hit our radars that looked interesting. Ouija, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Maze Runner. Guardians of the Galaxy I actually saw in the cinema, and convinced my b/f to watch it....I really do love Groot. The Maze Runner was one I missed in the cinema, but missed it. I've not read the books yet but seeing the movie has convinced me to move them up my TBR pile. Ouija to me was a waste of time that could have gone towards another movie. It wasn't scary and I think I laughed more than feeling anything else. On that not I am also looking for super scary movie recommendations. I have a mission to be scared silly and I am still waiting for it to happen. IT watched in the dark by myself wasn't scary. Neither was Annabelle, The Conjuring, Living Dead movies or Insidious.




Author Events
OK, so I am technically breaking the no-book related rule. But I had to give a quick mention that I recently saw Gayle Forman and Maria V. Snyder at some author events. I got my books signed and photos taken, and had a great time seeing them and spending time with friends.





Cinema
I've also been the cinema to see Insurgent and Cinderella. I really enjoyed both but I can't remember a lot of things that happen in the movie, so it's either they were added for the movie alone, or I really need to re-read the series again.

So, what have you been up to? Don't forget to leave some movie reccomendations for me in the comments. :)

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't seen Mama, I really enjoyed that movie, not scary per se, but interesting. Sinister scared me surprisingly. I love scary movies, but rarely feel scared. But I saw Sinister in theaters, and it was the only movie I can remember that literally made my heart pound.I seem to be one of the only people I know who felt that way, but it's worth a shot.
    The Babadook was an interesting one, and if freaked my boyfriend out.
    Also, The Cabin in the Woods is one of my favorite movies. Again, not exactly scary, but interesting, and fun to try and find the easter eggs to other scary movies, and to try and understand the symbolisms and such present.

    ohdangmandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you liked the movie I think you’d like the books, too. I’m a big fan of Maze Runner. This is such a fun feature! I liked Cinderella too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...