Monday, 6 April 2015

Review: The Pointless Book 2 by Alfie Deyes


Title: The Pointless Book 2
Author: Alfie Deyes
Author Info: YouTube|Twitter
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Blink Publishing
Publication Date: 26th March 2015

Tell Me About It
After the success of the original The Pointless Book, YouTube and social media sensation Alfie Deyes brings his signature style and quirky humor back for The Pointless Book 2. Packed with endlessly entertaining games, dares, jokes activities and pranks, The Pointless Book 2 is a fully illustrated romp of Alfie’s classic brand of nothingness. As with The Pointless Book, the sequel includes an app that connects the reader to Alfie for behind-the-scenes coverage and other “pointless” activities.

Join Alfie as he invites you to make the pointless tasks of everyday life something to be celebrated and laughed at.
My Thoughts
I will admit that I have a lot of issues with books and keeping them in pristine condition, so getting The Pointless Book 2 for review was a challenge for me, could I intentionally deface a book?
Armed with my trusty pens and sharpies (i own no felts or pencil crayons) I cracked the spine (literally) and began with the defacing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There are a lot of pages to deface in The Pointless Book 2, so this review will only show a few for you as I still have a lot more to work on. I even uploaded a video to YouTube to show the process and also some live action art....well my attempt at art anyway.

The Pointless Book 2 has a lot of pages where you can free draw like my picture below. from drawing your favourite YouTuber, to what makes you happy, even a page to doodle. I am sharing with you my picture of things that remind me of the seasons, its obviously not the best drawing and I had to improvise with what supplies I had.....the sun is more gold than yellow :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Pointless Book 2 also has pages that tell you to draw or write a specific thing, 10 things to do this summer, 20 facts about you, cities you would like to visit, and even a recipe to make a muffin in a mug. Below is the picture I drew using only triangles.....the mouth was better in my head but looks quite evil in the picture. I have also added the video of this drawing too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Final Verdict
While I don't think I will be less careful with my books, The Pointless Book 2 was surprisingly therapeutic, not having to make sure the book was pristine was a nice change to my usual reading habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...