Sunday, 5 April 2015

The Sunday Post (14)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone from NetGalley
Uprooted by Naomi Novik from NetGalley
Sight by Juliet Madison from NetGalley

Every Last Word was a request from a while ago which I really did not expect to be approved for. Seeing the email in my inbox made me a very happy reader. Uprooted was one I had on my wishlist, and seeing it on NetGalley I knew I had to request it. Sight was one I heard about in an email, it sounds interesting and I thought I would give it a try.

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
Divergent by Veronica Roth purchased by myself
Insurgent by Veronica Roth purchased by myself
Allegiant by Veronica Roth purchased by myself

Choose Me by Heidi McLaughlin purchased by myself
Hunt by Rachel Vincent free on amazon UK
Fall With Me by J. Lynn  purchased by myself

The Divergent series was a purchase from a while ago, I just got it back off my friend who took it to get signed by Veronica when she saw her. I only ended up getting Divergent signed as there was a two book limit and my friend already had her box set to get signed, but huge thanks to my friends for doing this for me. Choose Me was an automatic purchase. I LOVE Heidi and have been counting down the days to the publication of this one. Hunt was a freebie, and while I have yet to read the Shifter Series, I thought I would pick this one up while I was on amazon. Fall With Me is the 4th book in this series and I can't wait to make a start on this one.

Highlights from the blog
  • Monday: I finally managed to tackle a book from my TBR pile. See what I thought of Shift by Kim Curran
  • Tuesday: What books were a DNF for me this month, take a look and see what they where and why.
  • Wednesday: Another book from my TBR pile is done and dusted, Control by Kim Curran.
  • Thursday: I have a spotlight feature and giveaway for Masks & Mirrors by Sue Duff.
  • Thursday: I shared my Reading Queue for the month of April, take a look and see what I hope to read.
  • Friday: A Month of Sun. See what the UK publishers are doing to celebrate the publication of I'll give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.
  • Saturday: It's my turn for the blog tour of Delete by Kim Curran. See what I thought about the final book in the series, and make sure to enter the giveaway.

Around the blogosphere
  • The Hollywood Reporter has some news about the Mortal Instruments TV show.
  • Abbi Glines announced the website for her new series is now live, take a look at The Field Party.
  • Queen of Contemporary shares how she organises her review pile.
  • Sarah from Feeling Fictional has a UK and Int giveaway to win a signed copy of Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder

What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

5 comments:

  1. Awesome stack of books. That was nice of your friend to get your copy of Divergent signed. I hope you love all your books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the new Tamara Ireland Stone; hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers of the divergent series

    Lot's of good looking books this week.

    I hope you enjoy :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to reading Every Last Word. I hope you enjoy all of your new reads! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uprooted sounds great (lovely cover too) and I hope you enjoy Divergent if you haven't read it already. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...