Saturday, 2 May 2015

The Not So Sunday Post


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Due to a scheduled tour post on Sunday, The Sunday Post is brought forward to Saturday for today :)

New arrivals this week......
For Review
Things I've Said to My Children by Nathan Ripperger from NetGalley
Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs & Tracy Deebs from NetGalley
Dark Vision by Debbie Johnson from NetGalley
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider from NetGalley

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir from publisher
Conversion by Katherine Howe finished copy from publisher
Minus Me by Ingelin Rossland finished copy from publisher
The Dying of the Light by Derek Landy from publisher [unsolicited]

A busy week for me in regards to review books, and very quiet on the book purchasing this week.
Things I've Said to My Children looked like a funny read, I have already read this one and I have mixed feelings about it. Powerless is a book by two authors who I know I like, and I am interested in seeing how this duo work together, but also if the book lives up to the synopsis. Dark Vision was a request from a while ago that recently got approved and I am hoping to fit this in over the long weekend. Extraordinary Means was one I didn't expect to be approved for. I really like the sound of this one and I'm looking froward to reading it.

An Ember in the Ashes is another I am looking forward to now I know more about it. Conversion and Minus Me are finished copies sent from the publisher, I do have proofs of these so I will be finding good homes for these with blogger and bookish friends. The Dying of the Light was sent unsolicited, and this one will also be looking for a good home. I've not read any of the book in this series, and I don't have the time or money to start from scratch.

Highlights from the blog

  • I posted my review on Life Unaware. This one I had mixed feelings about and it took me a while to really get into the book.
  • Books of Note is a way for me to share books I have read that are too small to really review, I shared my feelings about Happy Again, and The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C.
  • The Poison Diaries is my Waiting on Wednesday this week, I also have amazing bookish friends (Bungle @ Midnight Reads) who even got me a signed copy of this one, without even knowing it was my WOW pick.
  • My review for Starborn finally went live on Thursday. This book was another mixed review for me for various reasons, but ultimately I did enjoy the book.

What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

3 comments:

  1. Nice looking books this week! Really hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection of books! :-) I hope that you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think powerless looks excellent! I cant wait to start reading it

    I hope you have a fantastic week :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...