Sunday, 24 May 2015

The Sunday Post (21)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
Rebel Ink by Laura Wright from NetGalley
Not if I See You First by Eric Lindstrom
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith

Rebel Ink was a request I didn't expect to be approved for, so I was surprised at how fast my approval came through. Not If I See You First was an old request for a USA publisher that I didn't expect to get. Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between was the same publisher, so when I got the emails approving me for both I was surprised but super happy, I can't wait to see what Jennifer's new book is all about.

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
Better Than Perfect by Melissa Kantor purchased by myself.

I picked up Better Than Perfect in the clearance section of WHSmith for only £1 when I went to Birmingham with friends to see Sarah J Maas.

   

I went to see Sarah J Maas at a signing on Thursday, so I got my book signed and picked up a badge. I also got All That Glitters by Holly Smale back off my friend who got it signed for me, as well as Geek Drama. We hit the clearance section in WHSmith and I snagged a few new pens (I have a thing for pens) and a torch for myself and my niece


Highlights from the blog
  • The Girl at Midnight is an interesting start of a new series, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.
  • I took part in the blog tour for Fated by Joanne Kershaw. I have an excerpt and an international giveaway running with it.
  • I was impressed with Falling Deep by Diana Gardin, it's the second in the series but can be read stand alone.
  • Do you judge a book by it's cover? Don't Judge Me shares what I like about covers and what draws my attention.
Around the blogosphere
  • I'm kind of late to post about this, but Tor released the covers for Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series, and I really love the covers. See the news here.
  • Ashley from Nose Graze tells us how to search through a blog that doesn't have a handy search box.

What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

2 comments:

  1. Love Jennifer E Smith such a great author! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too much pens!
    Enjoy your books :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...