Friday, 26 June 2015

Honourable Mentions

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.
It's been a while since I posted Honourable Mentions, and there are quite a few books to mention. I've had a bad few months were nothing really got my attention, with great books being few and far between. The books below had so much potential but I just couldn't finish them.

Conversion by Katherine Howe
Really can't get into this book.

Bomb by Sarah Mussi
Not for me. DNF

This Is Not a Love Story by Keren David
I can't get into this book at all, I just can't find a connection with the characters, and I'm reading, and not really taking anything in.


The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge
This book had potential, but it's just not for me.

Uprooted by Naomi Novik
I feel like one of the few and far between that didn't like this book. I can't get into the story or feel anything towards the characters.

The Novice by Taran Matharu
The beginning of this book really drew me in, but as the story progressed I lost interest. It felt to similar to other books I have read, with just the reasons and abilities changed.

It's a DNF for me


Dark Vision by Debbie Johnson
I really wanted to like this book, but it just isn't clicking with me.
For starters I was very disappointed that it's not based in Liverpool, just a fleeting glimpse. Secondly it feels too rushed, one minute she meets Gabriel, then the next she is in Ireland with him, all in the space of a day or two.

Lottery Boy by Michael Byrne
Great potential but not for me.

The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi
Not really feeling this one.


Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs & Tracy Deebs
Powerless had the potential to be amazing. Written by two authors who I like, I went into this with high expectations that just weren't met. I couldn't feel anything towards the protagonist, she came off as childish and immature more often than not, the argument between the villains near the beginning of the book felt pointless and more like a bad comedy sketch than actual villains.

Putting this down as a DNF

Subway Love by Nora Raleigh Baskin
The idea behind this book sounded great, but it just didn't play out well in the pages. I love the whole idea behind the time travel and seeing each other across the years, and I managed to keep up with this fine. But as soon as the going back in time to revisit the past during the middle of a chapter with the present happened, that was when I got confused.

Putting this down as a DNF


Have you read these books? Want to share your review for others to read? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...