Saturday, 25 July 2015

Honourable Mentions (8)

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.

It's been a while since I did this post, and there have been a lot of DNF over the past few months. Some of them I had high expectation for that just weren't fulfilled, others were just not for me. Don't forget to leave a link to your reviews of these books so I can add them on as others opinions.

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
I loved the movie and have watched it several times. So when this came up on Netgalley it made sense to put in the request.

Unfortunately I just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the style of writing, and Mia's personality just doesn't come across like I expected it to.

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
I'm really struggling to read this book. I dislike the little clique that Sam has with her friends, even though she isn't necessary a big part of it. I'm also finding it hard to feel anything towards the characters.

Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider
This had the potential to be a great read, unfortunately I just couldn't get into it and gave up after a few chapters. It didn't draw me in and I found myself getting distracted rather than reading the book.

The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
I really wanted to enjoy this book, but at almost 50% into it I'm still struggling to like it.

The Memory Hit by Carla Spradbery
Really struggled to get into this book, I put it down and picked it back up again several times to no avail. It's aDNF for me.

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry
I love Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits series, but this one I just couldn't get into. The characters were hard for me to like, Emily being far to goody to shoes, and Oz just being a typical 'look at me, I'm the best, you want me' male.

DNF at 43%

Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas
I really like the idea behind this book, and I did like the begining, but what is putting me off is the formatting. I have to add 'fi' to some words that are missing these letters, and some words are just all mushed together with no space between them, so it's making it longer and harder to read the words, split them up to what they should be, then read it all again.

The formatting is everything in electronic review book, and it just wasn't there for this one.

Sight by Juliet Madison
I really struggled to like this one. It just felt to cliche for me to even be interested in it.

The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I have really enjoyed Jennifer's other books, but I really could not get into this one at all. DNF after a few chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...