Thursday, 30 July 2015

Review: I Knew You Were Trouble [Jessie Jefferson #2] by Paige Toon


Title: I Knew You Were Trouble
Author: Paige Toon
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Contemporary, Young Adult, Chick Lit
Series: Jessie Jefferson #2
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's UK
Publication Date: 30th July 2015
Rating: 2.5 stars

Tell Me About It
Life as the undercover daughter of a rock god isn't going to be easy. How will Jessie adjust to her old boring life again after spending her summer living it up with her dad in LA? With tough decisions ahead (and not just choosing between two hot boys), can she cope juggling her two very different lives?
Summer may be over, but Jessie's story is just beginning…

**May contain small spoilers for the book**
My Thoughts
When I initially requested I Knew You Were Trouble I had no idea it was the second book in a series, luckily I had the first book on my TBR list, so I picked that one up to read beforehand.

I went into I Knew You Were Trouble knowing what was going on and having the background already in place, I had some pretty high expectations for this book, knowing the 'meet and greet' was over and now we could get down to the real rock star experience.

I Knew You Were Trouble begins with Jessie back home and going to school, and if I'm honest I really didn't want to spend pages of the book back in school with Jessie as she tries to fix her friendships and pretend everything is normal. About a third of the way through the book the cat is out the bag, and instead of dealing with it at home, she is shipped off to live with her Dad once again.

There were parts that I got the rock star moments, the gigs, the paparazzi, everyone stopping and staring, but overall it just didn't wow me. I am one of the very few that didn't love I Knew You Were Trouble, and while I did enjoy the previous book, this was was just OK for me. I went into this one with some high expectations and was left wanting more. I'm hoping that we get more rockstar in the next installment.

Final Verdict
I Knew You Were Trouble was an OK read for me, it just didn't wow me or meet my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...