Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Review: The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire by Heidi McLaughlin


Title: The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Source: Purchased by myself
Publication Date: 21st July 2015
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
Tyler King never forgot the blue-eyed, pig-tailed girl that lived on the ranch next door. So when he hears that she’s coming back for the summer, he can’t wait to reminisce about the good ole days. He soon finds out life in the Big City means a life with big ambitions and Tyler soon learns that Savannah has left the memories of small town living long behind her.

Savannah McGuire never thought she’d return to the ranch she once called home. Now she’s back and trying not to become attached to everything she’s missed by growing up in New York City. Determined to hate her surroundings, Tyler works to remind her of everything’s she’s missed. With her future planned out and a trip to Paris imminent, falling in love with Tyler King was the last thing she expected.
My Thoughts
For those of you not in the know, The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire had previously been released as a novella in the American Honey anthology. We got introduced to Tyler and Savannah, and just as things were getting good the story ended. But now she's back again and we get to see more of Tyler and Savannah in a full length story, and while I wanted to dive into this as soon as it arrived in my iPad, I had to wait till the weekend when I had more time to devote to reading.
"If you love someone, you let them follow their dreams and hope that eventually their dreams lead them back to you."
The above quote means so much once you have read The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire, not only does Tyler lose Savannah when they were younger, he has to lose her again, with no idea of it or when she will return.

When I found out that we were getting more of this couple I could not wait, I loved this short story the first time around and I needed to know what happened next. Heidi does not disappoint, and The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire was exactly what I expected from her, and while I didn't like being in suspense wondering what was going to happen in the end, even though I had my own ending in my head, I enjoyed every single word of this book.

I love the friendship that Savannah and Tyler had, and that after years of being apart they do eventually find it again. I loved seeing how Savannah changes, not for others, but for herself, realising that what she had with her Mum wasn't the best for her, and early mornings aside, Savannah slowly but surely finds her feet again. Tyler is your average cowboy, he is a gentleman through and through, but his life will always revolve around the farm, and I respect that he is clear about his feelings towards Savannah, not pushing her to decide, but making it clear where he stands and what his life is. His romantic gesture at the end was heart melting, and I would drop everything for this to happen to me.

The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire definitely deserved it's own book, and I can't wait till this is sitting on my shelf at home. I devoured the book and could not turn the pages fast enough to find out what was going to happen next. The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire is a standalone book, so is perfect for those who are new to Heidi's books, but after one read I know you will be wanting more from Heidi.

Final Verdict
I loved this book so much, and even though I knew the first half of the book it was like reading it all over again with new eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...