Sunday, 26 July 2015

The Sunday Post (29)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, to recap the past week on my blog, showcase books and things we have received.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
Circles of Stone by Ian Johnstone from NetGalley
Monsters by Emerald Fennell from NetGalley

Storm Horse by Nick Garlick from publisher
Darkmere by Helen Maslin from publisher
Sunkissed by Jenny McLachlan from publisher unsolicited.

Circles of Stone drew me in for the cover and the synopsis, and it wasn't until I clicked to download that I realised I'd missed the bit about it being the second book. Luckily I have the first book on my shelves so I hope to get it read soon. Monsters was sent from the publisher via a widget to get it's bloggers automatically approved. It actually sounds interesting and I'm considering giving this one a try.

Storm Horse and Darkmere sound like great books, I can't wait to dive into these. Sunkissed is the third book in this series, and while I loved the first book I didn't finish the second one. I may give this a try and see what I think about it.

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire by Heidi McLaughlin purchased by myself
H.I.V.E. 2: The Overlord Protocol by Mark Walden from the library as an eBook.

Splintered by A. G. Howard audiobook purchased with credit

The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire was a pre-order and was also previously released in an anthology, now we get the whole completed story and I love it. H.I.V.E 2 is an eBook from the library through Read Liverpool. I listened to the first one a few years ago and I'm interesting in seeing how this series plays out.
Splintered is one of my favourite twists on Alice in Wonderland, I have the books so it made sense to pick up the audiobook with my credit.

Highlights from the blog
It's been another quiet week for me on the blog as I am still struggling. I'm now off sick from work for a week so I am hoping to get a few more extra books read if I can handle it. I have vertigo so the best place for me is lying down, sitting up typing this is making me dizzy.

Tuesday: Armada was a book I could not wait to read, but it also left me disappointed. See what I lied and disliked about it here.
Wednesday: I too part in the Reading Habits Tag which I found on Downright Dystopian. Take a look and see what the questions and my answers where.
Thursday: I once again took part in Beyond the Books and shared my dream/current career.
Friday: I shared my review for Ink & Bone, a brand new series from Rachel Caine.

Around the blogosphere



What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my blogging on a time crunch posts! I had such a great time with the event :)

    And you got some great books this week. I am adding sun kissed to my TBR right now. it looks really good :)

    I hope you have a wonderful week! Happy reading :)

    Here's my weekly wrap up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check out your Armada post! I loved it so interested to see your view!

    Have a great week!

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...