Sunday, 30 August 2015

Honourable Mentions (9)

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.

My Paper Heart by Magan Vernon
I've had this book sitting waiting to be read for a while. But as soon as I began reading I was quickly left disappointed.

Not only is the protagonist judgmental, I also thought it felt rushed. She goes from living at home and failing school, to being shipped off to stay with relatives, then having a crush on a stranger all in the matter of days.

Trollhunters by Guillermo del Toro & Daniel Kraus
I've been reading this book for the past week, and I don't seem to be making any headway into it. This book had a great start, but when we got to the real part of the story it just didn't interest me, I wanted action and all I go were uninspiring teens.

By the time it did start to get interesting I couldn't really find anything in me to actually be concerned about what was going to happen next.

DNF for me.

One by Sarah Crossan
I heard so many great things about this book months before publication. I could not wait to open my own copy and start reading.

I think the story behind One is a powerful, emotional story, but I did not make it to the end.

I gave this book a shot but the style of writing was not for me, and if I had known beforehand I would not have requested a copy.

Awake by Natasha Preston
DNF after a few chapters. The writing didn't draw me in, and I felt nothing towards the characters.

Fire Girl by Matt Ralphs
Not for me. I don't know what it was about this book I just couldn't get into it at all.

Concentr8 by William Sutcliffe
I could not get into this at all. The way the characters speak and think just wasn't for me.


Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Leave a link to your own reviews and I'll add them here.

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote a really long comment & I think Google ate it LOL. I really liked One but the writing style took a bit of getting used to & I can see why it wouldn't wotk for everyone. I've not read the others but am intrigued by Fire Girl. I think I'll have to wait until I've seen a few more reviews before I bother buying it though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...