Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Review: More Than Fashion [Chasing the Dream #3] by Elizabeth Briggs


Title: More Than Fashion
Author: Elizabeth Briggs
Author Info: Website|Instagram|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Series: Chasing the Dream #3
Source: From author
Publication Date: 30th July 2015
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
They’re enemies who will do anything to win...including each other.

When pre-med student Julie Hong wins a spot on a fashion design reality TV show, she celebrates by picking up a hot English guy in a hotel bar. But too many drinks leads to a night of embarrassment and a major hangover, and wow is she glad she’ll never see him again.

Until the show starts, and he’s on it too.

Julie quickly realizes she’s out of her league among the other designers, and Gavin Bennett, with his cocky grin and sexy accent, is her biggest competition. Julie can't decide if she wants to kiss him or kill him. Or both.

After she’s almost kicked off, Julie convinces Gavin to pretend they’re sleeping together for the camera. The ploy works, but as they get closer to the show’s finale their fake relationship starts to become too real. But only one of them can win the show—and they might both end up heartbroken.
My Thoughts
I have enjoyed this series from the start, so when I got the chance to review More Than Fashion I jumped at the chance. I could not wait to not only catch up with the rest of the gang, but also read Julie's story, especially after finishing More Than Comics.

Julie is someone who has always stayed in the background, and only really finding her voice by helping her friends out with costumes. When it was announced that she was going onto a reality show I will admit to being ridiculously happy for her.

Julie is a force to be reckoned with, and she is determined to get her own way, whether that be winning the competition, or bedding a hot guy she meets at the bar, she's like a tiny little hurricane. Gavin is the hot guy, and also Julie's competition. But when the competition heats up, so do the sparks between this duo, and things are surely going to get hotter, faster. Gavin, what can I say about him. He is a very hot, very sexy Brit, and I have to admit that once I knew he was a fellow Brit, then his voice in my head immediately became even more English than my own. I did think he was a bit of an ass at first, but the more I got to know him the more he grew on me.

More Than Fashion was a quick read, I could not turn the pages fast enough, and my reading was halted for all of two minutes, the two minutes it took for my iPad to charge up, and I never moved away from the plug socket until I was finished. I really liked how More Than Fashion was in a completely different setting than the previous books, and although we do see some familiar faces, Julie is basically alone, away from the music and away from her friends and I liked how this was portrayed. We get to see Julie in her element, and while I loved reading what she designs I think a nice little touch to add to this would have been a few sketches of the designs she made, like we are looking at her designs in process.

More Than Fashion was more than I expected, especially as the book is set in such a localised place, with no travel, no fans, no big crowds, only what is there in the environment. I did not expect it to pack the punch that it did. Every emotion that Julie goes through is portrayed clearly in the pages, the feeling of loneliness, sadness, and lust.

More Than Fashion was a book that kept me guessing in a lot of ways. Would Gavin and Julie finally get together? Would Julie win the competition? Who gets kicked off the show next? All of these questions are answered within the pages of More Than Fashion, and I am envious of those who get to experience this for the first time,

Final Verdict
More Than Fashion has got to be my favourite book out of this series so far, and I am eager to jump into the next book as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...