Friday, 4 September 2015

Review: Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith


Title: Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Headline
Publication Date: 1st September 2015
Rating: 2 stars

Tell Me About It
One night. A life-changing decision. And a list...

Of course Clare made a list. She creates lists for everything. That's just how she is.

But tonight is Clare and Aidan's last night before college and this list will decide their future, together or apart.

It takes them on a rollercoaster ride through their past - from the first hello in science class to the first conversation at a pizza joint, their first kiss at the beach and their first dance in a darkened gymnasium - all the way up to tonight.

A night of laughs, fresh hurts, last-minute kisses and an inevitable goodbye.

But will it be goodbye forever or goodbye for now?
My Thoughts
When I heard that Jennifer E. Smith had a new book coming out I could not wait to get hold of a copy, I loved all of her other books so as soon as possible, I dove into Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between. Days after finishing the book I am still struggling to get all my thoughts down.
Clare has 12 hours, to say goodbye to her town, to her friends, and just 12 hours to possibly say goodbye to her boyfriend of two years, Aiden. Just 12 hours to make the decision whether they stay together during college, or say goodbye.

I went into Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between expecting a nice road trip type of feel, where Clare and Aiden take a trip down memory lane to rekindle the flame, to make them see what they would be missing. Instead it turned out to be a not so happy trip down memory lane, with intentions of collecting souvenirs along the way, and in all honesty I really don't see how they were a couple in the first place. Their personalities just didn't seem to fit together and I found it really hard to see them as a couple at all. Aiden came across as the romantic one, but Clare feels kind of flaky and comes across like she is determined to show ways of why the relationship should end, instead of trying to strengthen it, to believe that it can last the distance.

I didn't totally dislike Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between, there were bits I enjoyed. I liked how the book was written, and that each chapter took them to a new place. I liked the friendships between the characters and I did cry a few tears as they say goodbye. The final chapter was good, and I had to laugh at what happened. But overall, the lack of feelings towards Clare and Aiden didn't really help in my enjoyment of the book.

Final Verdict
A somewhat disappointing book from the author for me, my expectations weren't met at all and my enjoyment over having a new book quickly fizzled out. This was just an OK read for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...