Sunday, 6 September 2015

The Sunday Post (33)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, to recap the past week on my blog, showcase books and things we have received.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter from NetGalley
The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa from NetGalley
George by Alex Gino from publisher [unsolicited]
Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray from publisher
Lockdown by Peter Jay Black from author via publisher

Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie by Jeff Norton from publisher
Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie: Escape from Camp by Jeff Norton from publisher
After Iris by Natasha Farrant from publisher
Flora In Love by Natasha Farrant from publisher
All About Pumpkin by Natasha Farrant from publisher

So a busy week two weeks for me with review books, although the majority of them did arrive this week. A Mad Zombie Party & The Iron Warrior have got to me two of my most anticipated sequels and I hope o tackle these in the next few weeks. George was sent unsolicited and it isn't really something I'm interested in so I'll be looking for a good home for this. Ten Thousand Skies Above You is another sequel I can't wait to read. Lockdown is the third book in the Urban Outlaws series, this also came wit ha signed poster of artwork which can be found on twitter here.

Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie is a book I have already read and reviewed here, but the amazing publicist at Faber & Faber sent this out with the newly designed cover along with the second book in the series, Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie: Escape from Camp for review. Matching books makes me a very happy person. I also got all three books in The Diaries of Bluebell Gadsby series. They have also been redesigned and I have a post coming up about these covers.

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines purchased by myself
The Drafter by Kim Harrison purchased by myself
Queen of Shadows purchased by myself
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead by Kim Harrison

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas purchased by myself from audible credit

When I heard Abbi Glines had a new book coming out, I knew I had to read it. I've really enjoyed her previous books so it made sense to get Until Friday Night. The Drafter is a new series from Kim Harrison, I am looking forward to making a start on this one. After a little bit a lot of panicking, Queen of Shadows and The Good, the Bad, and the Undead finally arrived. These were pre-ordered in May, but soon after The Good, the Bad, and the Undead went out of stock. Then when Queen of Shadows had been published, my delivery date wasn't until next week. Thankfully customer service sorted this out for me and got it sent out a few days later. When they buzzed up to the flat and I saw they had my books (we have a buzzer security system and camera in our flats) I let out a squeal, which I thought was inaudible to all but dolphins, until my b/f asked me if I just squealed....I had to admit I did in fact squeal :)

I'm running out of audiobooks on my iPod, so I thought I would listen to the whole Throne of Glass series, even though I have read them all.


Around the blogosphere

  • Geek Girl News. Author, Holly Smale, revealed that there would be a new Geek Girl special, ALL WRAPPED UP, the story of Harriet and Nick's first date. To see the picture and the rest of the news, visit Holly's Instagram page here.
  • Patrick Ness has set up a fundraising page for the charity Save the Children, to help those affected by the Syrian refugee crisis. I don't usually post about world news on this blog, but what he, and several other authors have done in such a short space of time is truly AMAZING. Not only did Patrick pledge to match donations up to £10,000, but several authors have stepped up to match donations, at the time of writing this the total amount with gift aid was £420,603.00, and I'm sure it's gone up even more by the time this post goes live.

What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

2 comments:

  1. What a book week! Love the look of everything.
    Really hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope you love the Mad Zombie Party. The books look fabulous.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...