Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Review: A Moment of Weakness by Brooklyn Skye


Title: A Moment of Weakness
Author: Brooklyn Skye
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Romance, Adult Fiction
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Entangled: Brazen
Publication Date: 19th October 2015
Rating: 3 stars

Tell Me About It
He can fight anything...except his need for her.

Until her new job starts in September, buttoned-up elementary school teacher Laurel Harris is at loose ends and in need of cash. Fortunately her best friend's older brother is a single dad and desperately needs a nanny. Or so she's told. She doesn't anticipate him being such a menacing, muscled, and undeniably gorgeous man...or that he has zero interest in hiring a nanny.

Micah Crane will do right by his young daughter, no matter the cost. And right now, that cost is juggling parenthood with long hours at his bar and working as an enforcer for a notorious crime boss. He doesn't need another complication in his life, but the sweet, frustratingly opinionated little blonde hell-bent on caring for his daughter stirs his blood like no woman ever has.

All it takes is a moment of weakness to ignite the lust blazing between them. A moment that will unravel their self-control and unleash all of Micah's darkest secrets...

My Thoughts
A Moment of Weakness was a book I hadn't really heard about prior to being contacted by a publicist. But as soon as I did, I had to have this in my hands. I wanted to get to know Micah and Laurel and find out what makes them tick, but also how two complete opposites could be attracted to each other.

Laurel needs a job for the summer to tide her over until she starts working at a school, after unsuccessfully getting a job at a nursery she ends up being a nanny for her best friends niece, who just happens to have a ridiculously sexy Dad. Micah is trying to do the best that he can for his daughter Shae. He works two jobs, a bar and an enforcer, to ensure she goes to the best school, but this also means that she spends a lot of time at his bar whilst he works. This is not the best environment for Shae, and once this is pointed out by Laurel, Micah quickly realises that he has to hire Laurel, and put his trust in another person with his daughters safety.

Upon starting A Moment of Weakness I already had Micah down as being an ass. His attitude towards Laurel was awful, and he failed to see that his idea of& 'I want to keep my daughter safe so I'll take her to my bar and keep her there, even when it's full of drunks' was not the most best idea in the world. I disliked how he initially treated Laurel, with distaste until he decided he was attracted to her, and even then it was really on his terms. Laurel was someone who I did like though. I thought she was smart for taking this job, but when the secrets are revealed I admired her for sticking with it for Shae's sake.

A Moment of Weakness was an enjoyable story, but it did have faults for me. I felt like the story was somewhat predictable, I could see things happening before they occurred. The story line itself was good, if not a bit rushed on occasion. I did like how easy it was to like and dislike the characters, so I did have some emotional connection to them, I just didn't love them.

Final Verdict
Overall I enjoyed A Moment of Weakness, and although I can't see how this book could be expanded on, I do like the introduction of some side characters and would be interested in reading thier stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...