Sunday, 4 October 2015

The Sunday Post (35)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, to recap the past week on my blog, showcase books and things we have received.

New arrivals this week......

For Review
Cloud 9 by Alex Campbell from publisher
When I Was Me by Hilary Freeman from publisher
13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough from NetGalley
You And Me, Always by Jill Mansell from publisher [unsolicited]

Cloud 9 not only drew me in with the cover, but with the synopsis too, I have this one next on my reading pile. When I Was Me is a book I am currently reading, it's interesting and confusing and I still have no idea where it is going. 13 Minutes was a book I saw on another blog a few weeks ago. When I saw it on NetGalley I new I had to request it. You and Me, Always was sent from the publisher unsolicited. It's not something that interests me so I don't think I'll be reading it.

Purchased/ Gifted or Freebies
Beyond What is Given by Rebecca Yarros purchased by myself
Forever With You by Jennifer L. Armentrout purchased by myself
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo purchased by myself
King of the Murgos by David Eddings purchased by myself

Beyond What Is Given is the third book in this series, and I am looking forward to seeing what happens next and if we get to see some of the old characters. Forever With You was an obvious purchase, I love this series so much and can't wait to dive into this one. Six of Crows was a pre-order which I did forget about with worrying over coursework. I'm still reading the proof of this and still trying to decide what I think of it. I LOVE David Eddings, he was one of the first full series I read when I was younger. I've read his books countless times, and I think this is the fifth time I am replacing the complete set. King of the Murogs leaves me just two books away from reading them all again.

Highlights from the blog

Before I get to the highlights I want to mention that things may quiet down on the blog. I'm doing a course in ICT, it's stuff I can already do but don't have a certificate to show I can. Doing this course will give me a certificate and also fill in the gaps for about 10% of the stuff I can't do. This will eat into my reading time, either at home or staying later in work.

Around the blogosphere
I've honestly not been around much this week, with my coursework needing to be in this week I've not had much time to actually be online. We also switched internet providers, and thanks to a miscommunication and a delay we had no internet from Fri till Mon, so all my posts I had in drafts I've had to catch up on which also ate into what little free time I had.


What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you love all your new books this week. You got some great reading ahead of you. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one or two of these but still not got to them which it terrible!
    I really hope you're enjoying your reads.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...