Thursday, 12 November 2015

Review: Secret Garden Artists Edition by Johanna Basford


Title: Secret Garden Artists Edition
Author: Johanna Basford
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram
Source: Midas PR
Publisher: Laurence King Publishing
Publication Date: 7th September 2015
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
From the artist and the publisher that brought you the hugely successful Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest - this special artist's edition features 20 beautiful, pull out art prints for colouring in. Colouring fans of all ages will enjoy immersing themselves in a selection of the most popular artworks from the original book, now presented in a new, large-scale format for maximum colouring enjoyment. Each detailed illustration is printed on high-quality card and can be removed easily for framing or craft projects.
My Thoughts
Colouring books for adults have been around for a while now, but Secret Garden Artists Edition is the first one I have tried.

When Secret Garden Artists Edition arrived at my house, the first thing I did was to browse through the pages and take a look at all the wonderful illustrations that were ready and waiting to be coloured in. I like the idea of being able to colour, and then pull out your picture.

The pages themselves are quite thick, so when using felt tips to colour in, the colour doesn't run through the back of the page. The illustrations themselves are detailed, but with clear definition between spaces. I really enjoyed starting on this book, especially when I had a million and one things running around my head, colouring gave me that bit of piece and quiet and let me relax and not have to worry about remembering important parts from a book.

Below are the start of two of the pages I began on. The first picture is coloured using pencil crayons, the second picture is felt tips. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like once I've completed it all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Final Verdict
Secret Garden Artists Edition is a great way to relax and de-stress, and perfect for the budding artist in us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...