Friday, 29 January 2016

Honourable Mentions (11)

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.

All the Rage by Courtney Summers
With all the hype surrounding this book I was eager to make a start on it, but a few chapters in I had to put it down. All the Rage didn't hold my interest and the characters annoyed me more than I actually liked them.

Minus Me by Ingelin Røssland
I put this one down before Christmas, and I honestly can't remember the reason why I didn't finish this one. I vaguely remember not really feeling the story at the time.

The Seventh Bride by T. Kingfisher
I read the first few pages of this one on amazon, but once I made it past that point in my review copy I found myself getting more distracted and not really paying attention to what I was reading.

Altered by Marnee Blake
I just could not get into this one at all. I even continued to read after the event that altered people, but it held no appeal to me at all

Beside Myself by Ann Morgan
From the synopsis alone thus book sounded great. But now that I've tried to read it I have to put it down as a DNF.

I think this would have been a promising book if I wasn't distracted by the moving timeline, going from past to present, then back again. I found it hard to concentrate and I just got annoyed with myself, when then had me annoyed with the characters.

This Raging Light by Estelle Laure
I literally made it a few pages into this book, not only did the protagonist annoy me, I also disliked her 'voice'.

Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer
I loved the idea behind this book, and it did sound really interesting, but I just wasn't feeling this book when I began reading it. The story didn't hold my attention at all.


Have you read these books? leave a link to your review and I'll link up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...