Sunday, 24 January 2016

The Sunday Post (48)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, to recap the past week on my blog, showcase books and things we have received.

New arrivals the past two weeks......

Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs from NetGalley
The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury from publisher
The Night That Changed Everything by Laura Tait & Jimmy Rice from NetGalley
The Butterfly summer by Harriet Evans from publisher [unsolicited]

Book of Lies by Teri Terry from NetGalley
Emergency Engagement by Samanthe Beck from NetGalley
Flawed by Cecelia Ahern from NetGalley
Infectious by Elizabeth Forkey from Entrada Publishing

I have a few review books that I can't wait to start on. I really want to drop everything for Fire Touched, but I need to tackle a few more NetGalley books before I get to this. The Sleeping Prince is a book I am eager to start reading, and it's next on my list. The Night That Changed Everything sounds interesting and I have a few weeks before I need to read this one.
Book of Lies was a super secret book available to subscribers of the publishers newsletter. This one really sounds interesting and I can't wait to find out more about it. Emergency Engagement drew me in with the synopsis and I cant wait to see how this mixed up meeting plays out. Flawed was one I have seen on other blogs, so when it came up for UK reviewers I had to request it. Infectious sounds like The Walking Dead with a few bits of other stories mixed in, it definitely has me intrigued.

Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova won
Still Alice by Lisa Genova won
The Farm by Tom Rob Smith won
A Dream of Ice by Gillian Anderson won

Having It by Jamie Scallion purchased by myself
Flicker by Kaye Thornbrugh free on Amazon UK

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas audiobook purchased with credit

The books I won were from filling in a survey over Christmas. I ended up winning £500 worth of books...unfortunately these are the only ones that interest me. Having It is the long awaited sequel to Making It. I made a start on this one during my lunch break but I have yet to pick it up and finish this one. Flicker sounds interesting an was free on Amazon, so it made sense to pick this one up. Queen of Shadows is a book I have read, but I needed to add this audiobook to my collection.

What exciting things did YOU receive this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...