Thursday, 11 February 2016

Beyond the Books: Do people in your real life know you blog?

Beyond the Books is a weekly meme where I throw out a topic (mostly non-bookish), and you guys blog about it. Come back here and share the link to your blog post, and we all have fun learning about each other.
[Hosted by Karen of KissinBlueKaren]
This week we are talking about......
Do people in your real life know you blog?


My first answer to this question is yes and no.

A few people know I blog, my bookish friends I met via my blog or author events. My brother and my Mum know, I'm not too sure if my sister knows. A few friends outside of the family also know, but not too many.

Some work colleagues know I blog, but only about 4 out of the whole building.

I am a shy person, and I don't tend to talk about what I do to others, especially as I'm not to confident in my own reviews, I know there are better ones out there. For me it's a self confidence issues that really stops me talking more about it, I even have little cards I got made for YALC 2014 and I never even gave one out.

2 comments:

  1. For a long time, it was only my family and my best friend who knew about my blog, but over the past twelve months, I've started opening up about it in conversations. It's my biggest passion and hobby, so it seemed silly not to tell people about it when discussing interests.
    I also started sharing more about my blog on my social media accounts, and since I'm friends with people I know on them, I knew that they'd see the stuff I shared.
    But I'm very much like you, I have very little confidence in myself and my reviews, so it was definitely scary to talk about my blog at first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always very shy about my blog at first. The only people who originally knew about it were my mom and boyfriend at the time, but over the past 5 years, I've opened up a little more. I don't mind sharing the link to my blog with a few friends or those who show an interest, but I'm still not going to share a link on Facebook where my entire family can see. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...