Thursday, 18 February 2016

Book Review: Night Study [Soulfinders #2] [Chronicles of Ixia #8] by Maria V. Snyder


Title: Night Study
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Soulfinders #2, The Chronicles of Ixia #8
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Mira INK
Publication Date: 25th February 2016
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
New York Times bestselling author Maria V. Snyder transports readers back to the realms of Sitia and Ixia in an exciting new Study novel full of magic, danger and intrigue.

Ever since being kidnapped from the Illiais Jungle as a child, Yelena Zaltana's life has been fraught with peril. But the recent loss of her Soulfinding abilities has endangered her more than ever before. As she desperately searches for a way to reclaim her magic, her enemies are closing in, and neither Ixia nor Sitia is safe for her anymore. Especially since the growing discord between the two countries and the possibility of a war threatens everything Yelena holds dear.

Valek is determined to protect Yelena, but he's quickly running out of options. The Commander suspects that his loyalties are divided, and he's been keeping secrets from Valek…secrets that put him, Yelena and all their friends in terrible danger. As they uncover the various layers of the Commander's mysterious plans, they realize it's far more sinister than they could have ever imagined.
My Thoughts
After the huge cliffhanger in the previous book I have been desperate to get my hands on a copy of Night Study, and when that opportunity came I quickly made a start on the book, and found myself getting sucked into this world once again, unwilling to come up for air.
Having to sit down and formulate my thoughts into actual words and try to get a review written has proven impossible. I've lost count of how many times I've opened up this post to start my review, only to close it down, unable to think of how to put the words down to do Night Study justice as a result I'm very vague over what happens in the pages.

I was beyond excited to read Night Study. After the huge cliffhanger that we were left with from Shadow Study, I have been desperate to find out the answer to a lot of questions. Night Study picks up immediately after the events of Shadow Study so we don't miss out on anything. We get to see the immediate reaction without having to go through the torturous wait, and the reaction we got was not something I expected,

Night Study is narrated in multiple points of view, Valek, Yelena, Janco, and Leif. They are still looking for for a person of interest, but they are going thier separate ways. Valek has concerns over the Commander, Leif has help in trying to find the source of a new plant. The whole group is divided, but they are all working hard to achieve the same results. I loved getting to see every aspect to this journey that we are taken on, seeing all sides working and uncovering secrets and lies. There were quite a few that did surprise me, one of them is the Commanders attitude towards magic, and Valek also overcomes an emotional....let's say blockage, that reveals some amazing results.

Night Study has been a book I have been counting down the days to get this in my hands, and it does not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Valek and Yelena again, and getting the much needed answer to the question over what Valek's reaction would be to the news.
Maria V. Snyder has done a great job of keeping her readers engrossed in this world, and leaving us wanting more, the only problem now is I have to wait a whole year for the next installment,

Final Verdict
2017 is such a long time away, and I really need the next book in my hands now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...