Saturday, 20 February 2016

Honourable Mentions: February (12)

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.

Burning Midnight by Will McIntosh
Surprisingly I did actually read this book, but I honestly could not tell you what it was about except spheres that give you different abilities. For me I read this wanting to get to the end and see what happens, kinda like how you drive past a crash and have to look. The ending also left me very disappointed.

The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Keil
Could not connect to this one at all and gave up after a few chapters.

Movers by Meaghan McIsaac
This book lost me within the first few chapters. Good on paper but didn't work for me as a book.

Breaking Sky by Cori McCarthy
On paper this looked like a great book to read, but after trying to read this book over the weekend I have to put it down.

The story just feels meh, and Chase I could happily throw out of her own speeding jet.....or lock her in as it hurtles towards the earth. For me she had no redeeming qualities and I thought she was far too up herself to be likeable. She may be the fastest flyer, but she is also the fastest character to make me dislike her so much.

Emergency Engagement by Samanthe Beck
This just felt to cheesy for me and gave up after a few chapters. I couldn't connect with the characters or the story line.

Firstlife by Gena Showalter
Somewhat disappointed with this one. I loved the synopsis and the idea behind it, but the protagonist just came across as too arrogant, to self absorbed, and I just didn't like anything about her.

The Number One Rule for Girls by Rachel McIntyre
I really liked the synopsis for this one, but when it came down to reading it I really didn't like it. It felt too Americanised, the characters felt like they should be in a movie like Clueless, and they just grated on me.

13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough
I am very much in the minority here by putting this down as a DNF. I've really struggled to get into the story but it just isn't holding my attention.

Looked great on paper but didn't really work for me.

Bloggers reviews: Jess Hearts Books Book Angel Booktopia
The Glass Castle by Trisha Priebe & Jerry B. Jenkins
I tried to read this, but it just didn't work for me.






If you've read any of these books and have a review, leave a link in the comments and I'll link to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...