Thursday, 3 March 2016

Book Review: Fire Touched [Mercedes Thompson #9] by Patricia Briggs


Title: Fire Touched
Author: Patricia Briggs
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Series: Mercedes Thompson #9
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Ace Books
Publication Date: 8th March 2016
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae.

Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?
My Thoughts
"I won't promise not to get hurt. I won't lie to you. But I do promise not to be stupid."
This should probably be Mercy's motto. If you have read this series then you know Mercy isn't one to sit on the sidelines watching those who she loves getting hurt, so when a troll is on the bridge we all know Mercy will find a way there with some pack members, to save the day. Which is exactly what she does, but in the process the troll dies, and they discover that he troll was just the tip of the iceberg.

Looking at the synopsis, there are a lot of things that aren't mentioned, and I've actually gone through this review and edited bits, deleted bits, and decided to not add other bits. I know this will make the review vague and I hopefully won't give too much away, but I am doing this so that you get to experience the surprises like I did, and be left speechless over them.

For me to continue reading a series as big as this, I need to love the characters, I need to miss them when I'm not reading, I need to be 100% invested in their outcome, and for me Patricia Briggs has a way of doing this. I absolutely love the relationship between Adam and Mercy, I love how they are attuned to each other, how they interact with others, and aren't scared to play dirty to ensure the safety of the other, and of thier friends and family. I have to keep coming back for more, and with Fire Touched we get all that and more from this dynamic duo.

I really like how Fire Touched has a link in several of the books, the previous books have been the build up, and Fire Touched is the main event. We get to see what is going on with Mercy's Garage, we get to see some old faces return, and meet some new ones. Everything that has been building throughout this series is coming to a close, and what a spectacular event it was. We get a lot of our questions answered, but we are also still left with a few unanswered ones.

The Pack is still making it clear what they think of Mercy, Christy does not help these matters at all, but more about her later. Things occur that had me wanting Adam to take a stand and defend Mercy, or for Mercy to stand up and fight, but as this scene continues we do get to see closure and an ultimatum. We get to see things happen that are right, and have taken a long time coming, even if it did occasionally make me sad.
Now back to Christy, she just needs to get the heck away from the pack, from Jesse, and from Adam. She has no right to interfere with everything that is going on and seriously needs to get the picture.....maybe someone should draw one for her as she seems to stupid to realise Adam is no longer hers. I really think mercy needs to kick her ass on the side, and deny everything ;)

Fire Touched was a book I could not put down, and finished this one in record time. I love getting to visit this world again, and after how this book played out, I can't wait to see how it affects these characters, and how it will have a knock on affect with the Alpha & Omega Series for Charles and Anna.

Final Verdict
Fire Touched was an amazing read. The world itself is full of magic, full of colour and detail, and you really just want to dive in head first and not come out at all. You have to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...