Sunday, 27 March 2016

Mini Review: Locked In [Jessica Daniel #1] by Kerry Wilkinson


Title: Locked In
Author: Kerry Wilkinson
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Mystery, Thriller
Series: Jessica Daniel #1
Source: Library
Publisher: Pan Macmillan
Publication Date: 9th November 2012
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
When a body is found in a locked house, Detective Sergeant Jessica Daniel is left to not only find the killer but discover how they got in and out.

With little in the way of leads and a journalist that seems to know more about the case than she does, Jessica is already feeling the pressure – and that’s before a second body shows up in identical circumstances to the first.

How can a murderer get to victims in seemingly impossible situations and what, if anything, links the bodies?
My Thoughts
Although this isn't the first book by Kerry Wilkinson I have read, it is the first thriller/crime one. I LOVE his Silver Blackthorn series so decided to take the plunge and read his Jessica Daniel books.

I managed to snag a copy of  Locked In from my library and it's taken me two days to read this one. I found it really easy to fall into the world, and soon found myself loving these characters. I really enjoyed the mystery of this book, seeing how they connect the dots and solve the problems. Surprisingly I guessed who the suspect was, but I'm thinking it was more of a lucky guess than any real sleuthing skills put to the test.

Locked In was a very enjoyable read, and I can't wait to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...