So far I am about three episodes in and I have mixed feelings about it. I want to continue watching to see how it all plays out and to see whether it's worth investing in, but I'm also not in a hurry to watch each episode as it's released. It's not saying to me 'watch me now...right this second'.
There are aspects to this series that I like.
- I feel like it is closer to the book than the movie was
- The is a diverse selection of cast members
- I like the action and fighting
- We had the flying motorbike!!!
- I love Magnus so far
But there are also things I don't really like
- I'm not 100% with the cast, they just don't feel like the characters to me.
- I don't like how the runes take up so much of thier body..where they that big in the books
- Isabelle just comes across a very over the top sexy. We get to meet Meliorn and thier meeting is more about sex than anything else, and then she goes hunting in this sexy red dress and ridiculous heels. I know her fashion sense is more sexy than practical, but this really took the mickey.
- Hodge is not at all what I expected, isn't he meant to be a lot older in the book and not someone who could be an older brother. He was born 18 years before Alec was yet looking at the picture below he doesn't look that old.
|Hodge: Older brother or Tutor|
I'm going to continue with this series and see how far I get. It may be I need to watch a few more episodes to get into it, or it might just not click with me at all.
Have any of you watched Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments? What are your thoughts on it?