Saturday, 30 April 2016

Beyond the Books: Birth Order Matters?

Beyond the Books is a weekly meme where I throw out a topic (mostly non-bookish), and you guys blog about it. Come back here and share the link to your blog post, and we all have fun learning about each other.
[Hosted by Karen of KissinBlueKaren]
This week we are talking about Birth Order Matters?

Some people think that the order you are born in has some affect on your personality. Part of me can see this in my life growing up, not only in how I grew up, but also my siblings.

I am the middle child in my family. I have an older sister, and a younger brother.

My sister is exactly a year older than me, she was born late and I was born six weeks early, arriving on her birthday.

My brother is just over four years younger than me, and I love him all the world. We have a similar personality, and can often be found seeing who can hit the other one the hardest...which is something I am quite quick to call quits on. ;)

Growing up I was always blamed for everything, my brother and sister would gang up and blame me for everything, I can't really remember when that actually stopped.

Growing up I had to share with my sister, a room, toys, a school. We were either dressed identically, or dressed slightly different with the same pattern or colour theme. I think this is one of the reason I gravitated towards my brother, and why we have such a better relationship with each other, than our sister. I'd rather skateboard down the street than play Barbies.

Having sisters older and who were working when he was in school, meant our brother didn't have to want for much. He got the latest magazines, whatever he wanted we got for him. Every Pokemon game that was released I got for him.

My sister is the oldest and looking at our relationship with our parents, even more so our Mum, she definitely gets the special treatment, especially from Mum.

Reading all this back I can see why I am the way I am. I have no problem blending into the background and finding my own little space, and I quite content to do this rather than be in the spotlight. I will stand up for myself though, and I will not take the blame for other peoples actions or mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. I am middle child, but my sister is younger and my brother is older. I actually did get some of my brother's hand me downs (i have the pictures to prove it) and I loathed having to share everything with my little sister. I am a great mediator, but I love the spotlight. Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...