Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Book Review: Lifers by M.A.Griffin


Title: Lifers
Author: M.A.Griffin
Author Info: Website|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult, Adventure
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Chicken House Books
Publication Date: 7th April 2016
Rating: 3 stars

Tell Me About It
Fear haunts the streets of Manchester: a schoolgirl has disappeared. Preston is drawn to investigate, exploring the city in the hunt for his missing friend. Deep in the bowels of a secret scientific institute, he discovers a sinister machine. Captured and condemned to a cavernous space filled with problematic teens, Preston is determined to escape - but this is no ordinary jail. Friendships are forged and lives lost in a reckless battle for freedom, revenge - and revolution.
My Thoughts
Lifers was a book I heard about from the publicist, and I looked forward to reading this one. But when I began reading I struggled. The first few pages drew me in, but as the story progressed I found myself getting distracted and picking up others books. With a clear weekend I made the decision to pick this one up again, and not move until I had finished, or at least made it further into the book.

On my second go at reading Lifers, I did mange to finish the book, but it wasn't an easy journey. The beginning of the book really held my attention, I loved the whole idea of the Kepler Valve and ending up somewhere else,...but obviously not for the reasons people are there for. About half way through the book I did struggle. There was an influx of characters and I found it hard to really pinpoint who was who and what they were there for. Towards the end of the book however, it picked up again, and I really found myself enjoying it again.

Lifers is a book full of mystery and definitely keeps you in suspense, wondering what will happen next. I did have really mixed feelings about this book, there were parts that I really found fascinating and moments where I was easily distracted. The characters were somewhat likeable, occasionally annoying with thier actions at certain points.

Final Verdict
Lifers was a likeable book, although I did enjoy parts of it, it just didn't click with me 100%

1 comment:

  1. Seems like an interesting story. Sorry it didn't click much and that you struggled a bit to finish, but still glad you liked it somewhat. Thanks for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...