Thursday, 21 April 2016

Book Review: Love Song by Sophia Bennett


Title: Love Song
Author: Sophia Bennett
Author Info: Website|News|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Chicken House Books
Publication Date: 7th April 2016
Rating: 5 stars


Tell Me About It
A million girls would kill for the chance to meet The Point, but Nina’s not one of them.

She’s the new assistant to the lead singer’s diva fiancĂ©e, and she knows it’s going to suck. She quickly learns that being with the hottest band on the planet isn’t as easy as it looks: behind the scenes, the boys are on the verge of splitting up. Tasked with keeping an eye on four gorgeous but spoiled rock stars, Nina’s determined to stick it out – and not fall for any of them …

The new novel from the popular and highly-acclaimed author of You Don’t Know Me, The Look, and the Threads series.
My Thoughts
I've read a few of Sophia's books, so when I saw that she was writing a new one I had to get it. From the moment I picked up Long Song I was hooked. I really liked how this isn't a typical girl loves band + gets to go on tour with them = Romance. Nina is possibly one of the dew people who has no love for the band, to her they are just a band, but her sister ADORES them. Nina, being a great sister, takes Ariel to meet and great the band, and in the process she ends up saving Sigrid's life. Nina's actions mean she gains an invite to be Sigrid's PA.

My review will be vague, and will leave out a lot of details as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Seeing The Point through Nina's eyes gives us an extremely unbiased view of the band, both the good and bad points, we also see how spoilt and selfish Sigrid really is and the extremes she goes to. I loved Nina as a characters, she her family has gone through a lot, and Nina helps them out so much, going on tour with The Point is an experience she would never have again, and she embraces it with open arms. I felt sorry for how she was treated, and how she didn't really get to have the full experience that she deserved.

The boys from The Point were certainly a lively bunch, they all had thier own distinct personalities and really stood out from the pages. When we first met them I admit I didn't really see the attraction, but as we get to know them through Nina I did begin to warm towards them, and by the end of the book I loved them.

Final Verdict
Sophia has once again blew me away with her writing. I devoured Love Song, falling head first into the pages and become emotionally invested in the outcome for Nina and The Point. Love Song is a must read book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...