Monday, 2 May 2016

Book Review: November 9 by Colleen Hoover


Title: November 9
Author: Colleen Hoover
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Publication Date: 10th November 2015
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
This is a love story between a guy (me) and a girl (Fallon).
I think.
Can it even be considered a love story if it doesn’t end with love?
Mysteries end when the mystery is solved.
Biographies end when the life story has been told.
Love stories should end with love, right?
Maybe I’m wrong, then. Maybe this isn’t a love story. If you ask me…I’d say this might even be considered a tragedy.
Whatever it is—however it ends—I promised I would tell it. So without further ado.

Once upon a time…I met a girl.
THE girl.
My Thoughts
I picked up November 9 on publication date, and it's sat for a few months waiting to be read. After reading a few pages on the Crave app I was hooked, and I knew I had to pick up my book and read it right away.

Fallon had a promising career as an actress, until November 9th, when an accident changed her life forever. Fallon's relationship with her Father has been strained since that day, and a lunch date with him not only shows how strained this relationship is, but also how little he thinks of her. The lunch date is going disastrously wrong, until Ben steps in and saves the day. Ben is a random stranger sitting behind them at the booths, and he overhears the conversation, and wanting to offer support crashes their meal, what follows is a day filled with making friends, and making plans for the next five years.

I really don't want to go into detail with what happens within the pages of November 9, so I'm going to leave you with my random thoughts and feelings about this book.

I loved this book, plain and simple. I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest, stomped on, and then put back again. The twists and turns kept you on your toes and I never knew what was going to happen from one year to the next. I loved the character development between Fallon and Ben, how they slowly get to know each other over the years, and how they do form such a close bond, ready to jump on a plane in times of need. As the book nears the end we do find out a secret that Ben has been keeping from Fallon and us, the reader. When it was revealed what had happened I was truly shocked over it all. Not only did I not expect this, but it also goes back and explains reactions at certain points in the story.

Final Verdict
November 9 was an unputdownable read, I devoured this book in a matter of hours and I really did not want it to end.

Memorable Quotes
Ben leans back in our booth without breaking eye contact with my father. "Through the closed eyes of an arrogant asshole."
She slaps me in the chest. "That was a huge spoiler, Ben! Did you not learn about spoiler alerts during your reading binge?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...