Monday, 9 May 2016

Cover Characteristic: Maps


Cover characteristic is a meme hosted by Sugar & Snark. It came about when Sugar was wondering which cover to use for her #70 Cover of the Week post. Sugar kept on thinking of more than one, and they all seemed to have a theme/characteristic. So she decided to switch things up a bit!
To find out more and participate check out their posts here

This weeks theme is Maps.

I really enjoyed this weeks theme. I had a few covers in mind for this one already, and just had to search for a few more. I really like how each book incorporates maps into it, some just a hint, and some are the focal point.


5. A Darker Shade of Magicby V.E. Schwab
4. Paper Towns by John Green
3. First World Problems by Leigh Ann Kopans
2. Sharp Ends by Joe Abercrombie


The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig

The Girl from Everywhere is a book I have just read, and maps play such an important role in this book. Looking at the cover they don't get a lot of attention, but the rest of the images all play a role in the story too.

8 comments:

  1. I've not seen this meme before but it looks like s fun one, I'll have to check out some of their upcoming topics :-)

    You picked some great map covers, I'm not sure I'd have found as many but they seem obvious now you've mentioned them all & they're all covers I've see before LOL.

    The Girl From Everywhere cover is really pretty but I think my favourite is the Darker Shade of Magic one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cover for 'Sharp ends' - it looks intriguing. Have you read 'A darker shade of magic'? It keeps on popping up, guess I should go and check it out. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection! I love the cover of Sharp Ends. :)

    Sya @ Bookish Sya

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very nice cover for The Girl From everywhere, I think it'd be my favorite also. I like Paper Towns too and the Joe Abercrombie cover is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great choices there. I just love the colors on The Girl from Everywhere cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picks, I'm loving The Girl From Everywhere and Sharp Ends. Those covers make me want to slap them on my TBR list without knowing anything at all about them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like First World Problems! It looks cute!
    Check out my Covers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that Sharp Ends cover is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...