Thursday, 23 June 2016

Book Review: The Boy Most Likely To [My Life Next Door] by Huntley Fitzpatrick


Title: The Boy Most Likely To
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance
Series: My Life Next Door
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Electric Monkey
Publication Date: 9th June 2016
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
For fans of Morgan Matson, Rainbow Rowell and John's Green's Paper Towns

Tim Mason was The Boy Most Likely To find the drinks cabinet blindfolded, need a liver transplant, and drive his car into a house.

Alice Garrett was The Girl Most Likely To . . . well, not date her little brother’s baggage-burdened best friend, for starters.

For Tim, it wouldn’t be smart to fall for Alice. For Alice, nothing could be scarier than falling for Tim. But Tim has never been known for making the smart choice, and Alice is starting to wonder if the “smart” choice is always the right one. When these two crash into each other, they crash hard . . .
My Thoughts
Before I made a start on reading The Boy Most Likely To, I made sure to tackle My Life Next Door, even though these can be read in any order, I wanted to know the characters in order of book publication.

Tim is a slacker, he was expelled from school, and has been fired from more jobs than he can count. No-one has any hopes, high or low, for him. Alice is the complete opposite of Tim, and under normal circumstances this duo would never cross paths.

Before going into The Boy Most Likely To I already had feelings about Tim, and they were not good at all. I really disliked his lazy attitude towards everything, except on getting his next high, his next drink, or his next girl. Alice however was somewhat of a mystery to me. I both liked her but was also unsure, especially when considering some of her actions in the previous book.

As the book progresses we see both of these couple change. Alice was someone who you love or hate, I didn't really like her attitude at first, but how she stays around knowing what could happen really made me like her. Tim was someone how not only stands up for his mistake, but also maintains it to the very last second, even when the truth is revealed. How much he sacrifices and puts on hold for it all really made me see him in a different light, and by the time I had turned the last page I did feel sorry for Tim, but also loved him.

The Boy Most Likely To also follows on from the plot in the previous book, and we get to see how a deal is played out, but also cheated on. We get to catch up with characters we know and love, and also get some insight into others we haven't fully met yet.

Final Verdict
I have really enjoyed this series so far and surprise myself each time I fall in love with the characters. I have the other book in this series waiting to be read, but I would love a book from Nan's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...