Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Book Review: Drawn To You by Lily Summers


Title: Drawn to You
Author: Lilly Summers
Author Info: Facebook|Goodreads
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Author
Publication Date: 12th July 2016
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
After an earth-shattering tragedy, I left everything behind. School, family, friends -- what does any of it matter now?

No one knows my story. No one knows what happened. I'm barely holding on.

Then Ezra finds me. A tagger with a raw talent, he fills the city with his art, splashing color across Portland's grey skies. A ghostly woman in the depths of the ocean, a boy preyed upon by shadows -- everything he creates touches my soul. Authentic and raw, his work grounds me. Magnetic and brave, he heals me.

Ezra is everything I need; he's everything I don't deserve.

But Ezra won't let me fade away.

Drawn To You is a heart-wrenching debut about love, art, and a passion that brings color to the darkness. It's about the lengths we go to remember and the love we can never forget.
My Thoughts
When I was contacted about reviewing Drawn To You I was intrigued about it. The synopsis sounded interesting but most importantly I fell in love with the cover. It's absolutely stunning and I couldn't wait to see what was hiding within the pages.

When I began reading I did feel like the beginning of the book felt meh, the writing didn't really stand out, and the characters felt a bit flat. It just didn't seem to run right for me and I felt a bit disjointed and lost. As Drawn To You progressed we get to see the personalities come out of the pages, and the story began to flow and feel natural and I found myself really enjoying it, needing to know what happens in the next page.

When we first meet Mia I did like her personality, even if she keeps herself to herself. We know pretty quickly she is hiding something from her roommate/sort of friend Audrey, and it does take a while for this secret to be revealed. I love how she can be quite honest and straight to the point in sharing her feelings with the reader but is also someone who we have to figure out too.
I'm so out of my element that I don't think you could find my atoms on the Periodic Table.
Ezra was a mystery the moment we meet him, by the side of a building tagging it with some pretty fantastic artwork. He's a tough one to really get to know and believe it or not is even more secretive than Mia.

Having two very secretive people in a relationship means that its' one going to be filled with turbulence and calmness, ups and downs, especially when secrets are close to being revealed. But because of this we get to experience these moments with the characters, the moments of sadness, the feelings of loss and love, and learning how to let go and let others in.

Final Verdict
Drawn To You was a book that definitely had me crying....a lot, especially as Mia learns to deal with her past. I would love to see what the other characters get up to, especially Audrey, and would not hesitate to visit this world again in some form or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...