Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Blog Tour: The Flame Never Dies [The Stars Never Rise #2] by Rachel vincent


Title: The Flame Never Dies
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Series: The Stars Never Rise #2
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: HQ Young Adult
Publication Date: 16th August 2016
Purchase: Amazon
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
ONE SPARK WILL RISE

Nina Kane was born to be an exorcist. And since uncovering the horrifying truth―that the war against demons is far from over―seventeen-year-old Nina and her pregnant sister, Mellie, have been on the run, incinerating the remains of the demon horde as they go.

In the badlands, Nina, Mellie, and Finn, the fugitive and rogue exorcist who saved her life, find allies in a group of freedom fighters. They also face a new threat: Pandemonia, a city full of demons. But this fresh new hell is the least of Nina’s worries. The well of souls ran dry more than a century ago, drained by the demons secretly living among humans, and without a donor soul, Mellie’s child will die within hours of its birth.

Nina isn’t about to let that happen . . . even if it means she has to make the ultimate sacrifice.
My Thoughts
When I was given the option to take part in the blog tour I jumped at the chance. Although I haven't read all of Rachel's books, I am a big fan of what I have read, and I couldn't wait to make a start on The Flame Never Dies. I needed to know what happened next for Anathema, how would this group survive in the badlands, and would they find a soul for Melanie's baby. This is a spoiler free review of this book, it's more my feelings than the plot itself.

The Stars Never Rise was an amazing book, and I honestly wondered how Rachel was going to top it, how was she going to continue on this world but keep up wanting more. After finishing The Flame Never Dies I really don't know why I questioned it.

I devoured the pages of The Flame Never Dies, eager to see what fortune would meet the characters I had grown to love. I didn't expect to be tricked, to be lulled into a false sense of security and have my hopes shattered, to cry both happy and sad tears over the same incident. The twist, turns, and surprises kept me on my toes for the entire journey with Anathema, and right up to the last few chapters I had no idea how it would all end.

The Flame Never Dies is a book that lives up to it's predecessor, and also ends in a circle I didn't see coming. Hopefully we get to join Anathema on another adventure soon, and get to return to the circle and claim what is rightfully theirs. I just found out this is a two book series.

Final Verdict
I loved every single thing about The Flame Never Dies and I really do hope we get to see another book in this series. Even a little spin off would keep me happy, to get the definite answer to how it all ended.

Author bio
New York Times bestselling author Rachel Vincent loves good chocolate, comfortable jeans, and serial commas.

Rachel is the author of the SOUL SCREAMERS series and can be found online at www.rachelvincent.com,  urbanfantasy.blogspot.com, or twitter

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book so glad to see you liked it too! So many plot twists that I didn't see coming! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...