Wednesday, 10 August 2016

YALC Recap


I recently went to London and spent the weekend there for YALC, as you can see from my previous post I had a plan of action in place. I started this post while I was there and intended to write it up each night when we got back to our room, but that plan didn't really work out by the second day.

So instead I'm going to do a recap in list form, separating the days with dividers

Main Stage

  • Behind the magic: Magical systems in YA - Sally Green, Taran Matharu, Melinda Salisbury and V E Schwab
  • She who laughs last laughs the laughiest: Funny YA - Holly Smale, Katy Birchall, Jenny McLachlan and Nat Luurstema
-------------------------------------------------------
  • Join the Rebellion! Resistance and protest in YA - Alwyn Hamilton, Julie Mayhew and Simon Mayo
  • #SquadGoals - Holly Bourne, Sara Barnard, Sarra Manning and Sarah Pinborough
  • The Fear Factor: my horror inspirations - Dawn Kurtagich, Derek Landy, Alex Scarrow and Darren Shan
  • You Know Me Well: David Levithan & Nina LaCour in conversation - David Levithan and Nina LaCour
-------------------------------------------------------
  • Harry Potter Party (I caught the end of this one

Author Signings

  • Holly Smale
  • Nat Luurstema
  • V.E. Schwab
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Sara Manning
  • Chris Russell
  • Honor & Perdita Cargill
  • Kiran Millwood Hargrave at Chicken House Stand
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Maggie Stiefvater
  • Louise Gornall at Chicken House Stand

I had so much fun this year and I'm really glad I decided to go again. I got to see a lot of authors, and even actors when we paid a visit to LFCC. I also got to have a bookish manicure that can be seen on my Instagram here (please ignore the awful state of my nails)
We had sore shoulders and legs every day.
We queued for hours....and I mean hours. I joined queues for friends who were busy on other queues, and joined the queue for Maggie before it was even posted. The queue was so long it got ended and then ticketed..I thankfully made the cut.
We came away with some amazing books and swag


Head Over Heels|Under Rose-Tainted Skies|Songs About a Girl - purchased
Girl Detached|The Memory Book|Contagion|Dear Charlie
The Deviants|Goldfish Boy|Saint Death|Haunt Me - Free or Won
Geek Girl bag free with book|Samplers, tattoos, bookmarks
Badges|Tote bags|T-Shirt

Photos from YALC weekend, including author event with Maria Lewis
[link to video as it won't embed]

Did you go to YALC this year? What was your favourite part?
Leave a link to your post if you have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...