Saturday, 24 September 2016

Audiobook Review: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince [Harry Potter #6] by J.K. Rowling


Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Author: J.K. Rowling
Author Info: Website|News|Twitter|Facebook
Narrator: Stephen Fry
Series: Harry Potter #6
Source: Audible UK via Midas PR
Running Time: 20 hrs and 56 mins
Publisher: Pottermore from J.K. Rowling
Publication Date: 20th November 2015
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
When Dumbledore arrives at Privet Drive one summer night to collect Harry Potter, his wand hand is blackened and shriveled, but he does not reveal why. Secrets and suspicion are spreading through the wizarding world, and Hogwarts itself is not safe. Harry is convinced that Malfoy bears the Dark Mark: there is a Death Eater amongst them. Harry will need powerful magic and true friends as he explores Voldemort's darkest secrets, and Dumbledore prepares him to face his destiny...
My Thoughts
I remember the day this book was published, waiting in line to pick up my copy and not doing anything until I had finished. Although those memories are still clear in my head, the exact details o the book aren't, so although going into Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince I knew what to expect, I also realised I had forgotten a lot of what happens between.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was a book that took me a while to get through, but it was also one I had to pace myself, ensuring that I would be at home to listen to the last few chapters in this book in order not to make a show of myself. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to spend another year at Hogwarts with Harry, Hermione, and Ron, joining in on thier adventures and mishaps.

Through certain events we get to see a new side to Harry, one that is determined to do what is right for Dumbledore, even if it means making an enemy with the Minister of Magic. I love his determination even more in this book, especially at the final chapters when we see what his future pans are. The lessons in Hogwarts are much harder this year, and with the added bonus of apparition lessons, things wont be so easy for this trio.

Listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince you really do see how characters have changed over the summer holidays, some are more nicer, and others are more meaner, whilst Luna is still exactly the same. We see how far Harry's enemies will really go to get rid of him, but also see what Harry is capable of in defending himself, with and without friends.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is also the turning point for Harry and Ginny, and even though I knew this was going to happen, it still made me happy inside for a short while.

Narration
Like the previous books, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is narrated by Stephen Fry, who once again does an amazing job of bringing this story and the characters to life. He has a way of drawing you in and really making you emotionally invested in what happens.

Final Verdict
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is another great addition to this series, and leads perfectly into the next book which I can't wait to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...