Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Mini Review: Fifty Nifty Facts About Cats by J.M. Chapman & S.M. Davis


Title: Fifty Niffty Facts About Cats
Authors:  J.M. ChapmanS.M. Davis
Genre: Nonfiction
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Vulpine Press
Publication Date: 8th June 2016
Rating: 3 stars

Tell Me About It
Cats have lived with humans for almost ten thousand years, and in that time we’ve learned a lot about our furry friends. Did you know cats have a dominant paw? That cat spit causes allergies? That cats shouldn’t drink coffee? Discover these nifty facts and many more in this delightfully colorful, picture-packed exploration of America’s most popular pet!
My Thoughts
I am a big animal lover. Growing up we had hamsters, dogs, birds, rabbits, and as I got older a cat. At the moment my only pet is my cat Kit, and when we got him I made sure to read up on everything I could to ensure he was happy and healthy.

When I saw Fifty Nifty Facts About Cats I knew I had to read this, just to see what facts the book had about cats. After some trouble getting it onto my iPad I began reading it.

The book is a very short read, with fifty facts about cats, as well as some absolutely stunning pictures of cats. Most of the facts I already knew about cats, but there were some there that did surprise me.

Fact #3
Cats don't like sweets.
Their tongues lack sweet-sensing taste buds.
Fact #4
Cats are warmer than people.
Cats internal temperature averages at 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit
Fact #14
Cats have a dominant paw.
Cats prefer to use one side of thier body more than the other.

These are just a few brief facts, each one has more information to go with it but I chose not to write it all down.

Final Verdict
Overall I enjoyed learning more about my cat, reaffirming what I already knew but also learning new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...