Thursday, 27 October 2016

Book Review: Believe [The Brightside #3] by Katie Delahanty


Title: Believe
Author: Katie Delahanty
Author Info: Website|News|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Series: The Brightside #3
Source: NetGalley & Author
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: 24th October 2016
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
My name is Amanda Conrad and I. Am. A doctor.

When my cousin Liv whisked me away to South Africa to be maid of honor in her super-secret celebrity wedding, I was about to begin a five-year residency at NYU and was on my way to becoming a plastic surgeon. My plans definitely did not include a rock-star best man sweeping me off my feet.

But what happened in South Africa needed to stay there—he’d return to his touring and I’d start my residency, with our fond memories of a whirlwind, fairy-tale week. But now nothing feels right—I’m questioning my once solid plans, and I can’t stop thinking about him. Our lives are so different… Am I ready to risk everything I’ve worked for since I was thirteen—and put my heart on the line? To dream bigger than I ever thought possible? To believe I can have it all? That’s the thing about growing up...sometimes you have to be brave enough to redefine happily ever after.
My Thoughts
I have been a big fan of this series since I read the first book, In Bloom, and have been obsessively checking when this book would become available. I somehow got lucky and ended up with two copies, and I could not wait to dive in.
Going into Believe, I knew that it wasn't going to be the characters that I know and love taking the lead, that it was in fact going to be from a different perspective, and I was both excited and nervous to venture into this, knowing what to expect but also wondering if I would love it as much as the previous books.

Believe carries on the tradition of having tweets between the characters at the beginning of each chapter, which not only make it easier to to break up the story, but also add a little amusement or insight into the upcoming chapter.
Amanda Conrad @BootsMD
Just plowed through a bag of Sour Patch Kids while reading about Type 2 diabetes and you know what? I LIKE BEING A REBEL
Believe is Amanda's story, Liv's cousin, and we begin with the set up of the secretive wedding between Liv and Berkeley with Liv arriving at the Vineyard. But as you can see from the above quote we get a lot more going on than weddings.

Amanda has finish med school, and has her heart set on becoming a plastic surgeon, but before her new adventure begins, Amanda attends her cousin's wedding, where she meets Mark, friend and fellow band member of Berkeley. Determined to enjoy herself and relax before heading home, Amanda takes up the motto 'what happens in Africa, stays in Africa', which leads some some amazing adventures, and some very heated nights. But when it's all over, Amanda is torn over her head and her heart, her future and her present, and ends up making a silly mistake (and you can believe I was shouting at her to change her mind).
Believe takes us on an adventure with Amanda as she struggles to find her place, to follow her dreams, and make the right decision for herself. It's not an easy journey and there are plenty of bumps along the way. Even right up to the very end of the book I was never quite sure what the final decision would be.

Amanda is also a strong willed, determined person. She sets her mind on a goal and won't let anything get in her way. Amanda's goal has been set for year, and with her hard work and dedication she is starting to see it become a reality, but is this goal for her or for others, and what happens when her heart wants a say in things.

This series is one that I really enjoy, and getting to read Believe was both exciting and sad. Exciting to get my hands on this but also sad at knowing this is the end. Believe has to be my favourite out of the series, although it's from a different perspective we still get the rock star moments, but we also experience the normality of everyday life, and also how precious it is. We see how things are taken for granted, but how much someone can achieve when they put their mind to it. Its hopeful and also disheartening, but its also real, it's not picture perfect and I think this is one of the main reasons that Amanda stands out more than the other characters ever did. She makes things seem attainable, that you can reach the stars yourself.

I've tried to keep my review vague, but also try to squeeze in all my thoughts and feelings about Believe. I LOVED the adventure of this book, I liked getting to catch up with other characters and see what they are up to now, and I love the journey that we as a reader, and the characters take, from start to finish.

Final Verdict
Believe is the perfect end to this series, it wraps everything up nicely and is an unputdownable book. I didn't want this one to end and I wish I could have made it last a bit longer..maybe another week or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...