Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Audiobook Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [Harry Potter #7] by J.K. Rowling


Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Author: J.K. Rowling
Author Info: Website|News|Twitter|Facebook
Narrator: Stephen Fry
Series: Harry Potter #7
Source: Audible UK via Midas PR
Running Time: 23 hrs and 59 mins
Publisher: Pottermore from J.K. Rowling
Publication Date: 20th November 2015
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
"'Give me Harry Potter,' said Voldemort's voice, 'and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded.'"

As he climbs into the sidecar of Hagrid's motorbike and takes to the skies, leaving Privet Drive for the last time, Harry Potter knows that Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters are not far behind. The protective charm that has kept Harry safe until now is broken, but he cannot keep hiding. The Dark Lord is breathing fear into everything Harry loves and to stop him Harry will have to find and destroy the remaining Horcruxes. The final battle must begin - Harry must stand and face his enemy....
My Thoughts
Going into this audiobook was a bittersweet moment for me. I have really enjoyed having the opportunity to listen to the Harry Potter series on audio, and revisit Hogwarts again. But I also knew that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was the last chapter in this adventure, and that I would no longer be returning to Hogwarts with Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

As this is the final in the series I won't be going into too much detail about the plot, the main reason is so that I don't spoil it for those who have yet to read this series, so I'll mainly be sharing my thoughts and feelings more than the plot itself.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows takes us on a much more dangerous journey with this group of friends, leaving Hogwarts and venturing into the world, to hunt down the Horcruxes and try to destroy Voldemort once and for all. Even though I know how this all ends, I couldn't help the nerves I felt and the tears I shed. After finishing this series so long ago I really found myself enjoying this series again.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the end of an era, and certainly ends this series with a bang. This book takes you to a darker side of the wizarding world as we see the true extent of Voldemort's power, and how much people are willing to do for him.
But we also see the good in people, those who are willing to stand by Harry no matter the cost, to fight for him not knowing how it could all end, just having the trust in Harry that what they are doing is right.

As with all the previous books, we get to see Harry, Hermione, and Ron grow, and with the final installment we see how far they have come from first year wizards, to the adults they have become. Their friendship keeps them going, and the belief that the task they are doing will overcome Voldemort in some way. I really admire thier bravery, thier bonds, and thier desire to do good.

Final Verdict
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a sad but amazing end to this series. I had thoroughly enjoyed the past few months listening to these books, and I can't believe it's taken the audios for me to revisit this magical world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...