Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Book Review: Fly With Me [Wild Aces #1] by Chanel Cleeton


Title: Fly With Me
Author: Chanel Cleeton
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Series: Wild Aces #1
Source: Author via NetGalley
Publisher: Berkley
Publication Date: 3rd May 2016
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
From the author of the Capital Confessions Novels comes the first in the steamy Wild Aces Romance series.

U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Noah Miller—call sign Burn—loves nothing more than flying hard and fast. When he meets a gorgeous and sassy woman while partying in Las Vegas, he immediately locks on to her.

Jordan Callahan owns a thriving clothing boutique, but her love life is far less successful. Her luck changes when six feet, two inches of sexy swagger asks her to dance and turns her world upside down.

One scorching weekend becomes an undeniable chemistry that they can’t leave in Vegas. But the long distance relationship and their different lives threaten to ground their romance. And when the dangers of Noah’s job become all too real, Jordan learns being with a fighter pilot means risking it all for a shot at love…
My Thoughts
I'd been eyeing up the third book in this series on NetGalley, and although it could be read as a stand alone I like to read in order. When the author contacted me in regards to reviewing it, with the option to review the previous two books in the series I jumped at the chance. After finishing my current read at the time I made a start on Fly With Me.

Fly With Me is a book that interested me immediately. The protagonist is at a bachelorette party for her sister and she describes herself as curvy and not so petite, I instantly loved how she had confidence in herself and wasn't afraid to use her assets to her advantage. Picking up random strangers isn't my kind of thing, but for Jordan this is the perfect chance for her to find her mythical man. Someone who she is convinced doesn't exist.
And then there was the urban legend, Chupacabra-like myth of a man who would f**k you up against a wall while he pulled your hair and then spoon you to sleep after.
Noah is this man, and I wasn't really sure what I thought of him on the initial introduction. He makes it clear he is trying to hook up for fun, but he wasn't expecting the feisty, stubborn Jordan to put a halt to this plans. Noah, a fighter pilot, isn't scared of a little hard work, and he is determined to work his charm on Jordan. But pretty soon this couple have mutual feelings for each other, and decided to see where it goes, even though they live in different states.

Fly With Me is a book that took a couple of days for me to finish, but given the chance I would have had it read in a day. I fell into the world Chanel has created very easily, I love the mix of characters and environments that we get to read about, from the beaches of Florida, to Bryer Air Force Base in Oklahoma. I loved that we get to see two sides to this story and what the other person is feeling about this new relationship. We get to see the ups and downs, and the self doubt make an appearance. There was someone who I didn't really connect with immediately, Easy came across as very standoffish, like he felt he was better than the others and not worthy of thier time, but as we get to know him we see whats really going on, and once that was revealed my opinion completely changed about him and I did feel sorry for him.

Seeing how hard it was for Jordan and Noah to make this relationship work makes me thankful that I didn't have to go through this in my own relationship, but it also attests to how strong thier feelings are. I knew going into Fly With Me there would be more books, but I made a point of not looking at them too much so I didn't spoil the surprise of what was to come, and believe me what a surprise it was. When it happens I was not expecting it at all, and I had to re-read the sentences again to make sure I read it correctly, I sobbed my heart out, the horrible crying with tears and snot, and it took a while to calm myself down enough to be able to read the book again, and just when I thought it was safe I was crying again.

Final Verdict
Fly With Me took me on an adventure I'll never forget, and I am looking forward to diving into the next installment soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...