Thursday, 17 November 2016

Honourable Mentions

Honourable Mentions is a way for me to share books that I did not finish, but still give them a chance to get some recognition on my blog. The following books have a lot of reasons for me not finishing the book, either I could not get into the story, or I didn't like the characters, or even something as simple as I wasn't feeling the book at that moment in time.

The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
I loved the autors previous series and was excited to start this one. But I just couldnt get into the story, even after giving it more of a chance than I ususally do. I just didn't connect with it like I thought I would.

Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
I loved the idea behind this story, but it just didn't work for me. The setting and the era that it begins with bores me, especially the way they act in social situations and that the protagonist had no choice in the relationship. Even the promise of a normal setting couldn't tempt me to read it further.


Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz
I was really excited about this book, but when I began reading I found it hard to concentrate. The characters just didn't make an impression on me and therefore I wasn't interested in thier outcome.

Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland
I disliked the protagonist from the moment he made judgements about another person. But for me I didn't like the set up of the book. There were no significant chapter breaks, just bold sentences that ran into the paragraphs that I took as a new chapter. This could have been an issuse with the file itself but it just distracted from the story.


Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
I found it hard to get into this one. The story itself didn't interest me, but I also had the odd few errors in the book file with random numbers and letters which ruined the flow of the book.

The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
I LOVED Everything, Everything last year and couldn't wait to make a start on this book. But it just didn't work for me. The characters didn't interest me which meant I wasn't invested in their outcome.

Replica by Lauren Oliver
I couldn't wait to get hold of this, especially already loving some of the authors previous books, I read most of the book from one point of view and really struggled


**If you have reviewed any of these books please leave a link in the comments**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...