Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Book Review: Trouble Makes a Comeback [Trouble #2] by Stephanie Tromly


Title: Trouble Makes a Comeback
Author: Stephanie Tromly
Author Info: Twitter
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Contemporary
Series: Trouble #2
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Hot Key Books
Publication Date: 1st December 2016
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
After a fall semester of fiascos: getting arrested, then kidnapped, then blown up in an explosion (all thanks to the weird but brilliant Philip Digby), Zoe Webster is looking forward to a quiet spring. Now that Digby has left town, she's finally built a regular high school life for herself. She's dating Miles, the alternate QB; she knows girls she considers friends; she's learning to enjoy being normal and semi-popular. Which of course is when Digby comes back: He's got a new lead on his missing sister and he needs Zoe's help.

Suddenly Zoe is tussling with a billionaire arch-villain, locking horns with armed goons, and digging into what makes the Digby family tick, even as she tries to navigate the confusing and emotionally fraught world of high school politics and locker-room drama. After all, it's hard to explain Digby to a boy like Miles, especially when Zoe isn't sure how she feels about Digby herself—or how he feels about her.

Now that Digby's back, get ready for another hilarious whodunit filled with razor-sharp dialogue, ridiculously funny action, and the most charismatic, dynamic duo you've ever met. And just try to stay out of trouble.

We dare you.
My Thoughts
I stumbled upon the previous book in this series by accident, read it and really enjoyed it. When I saw the second book was on NetGalley I had to find out what happened next. Does Zoe get her peaceful life, and what about that kiss!!!
Trouble Makes a Comeback picks up a few months after the previous book. Zoe is in a relationship with Austin, and her previous actions have long since been forgotten. More people are accepting of her, and her Mum has a boyfriend who Zoe likes. Most importantly Zoe has a job at the bookshop in the mall, her boss, Fisher, is pretty strange but laid back. Life is going swimmingly until Digby returns to the scene.

We all know Digbys arrival means trouble, and immediately we see this in action. His questioning about Fisher, her life at school, and also updates on the criminal that is behind bars, hoping to find any lead that solves the mystery of his missing sister.

Trouble Makes a Comeback was a book I knew what to expect from, with crazy investigations and schemes up his sleeve, life with Digby is never a dull moment. But Zoe is determined to hold onto her 'normality' for as long as possible, but quickly finds herself becoming distant from her friends and boyfriend, but becoming somewhat closer to an unexpected person. I love how crazy and unexpected this book was, it definitely keeps you on your toes over what mishap will happen next. I loved the adventures that the characters took me on, and definitely felt nervous with a few of thier encounters.

Trouble Makes a Comeback was exactly what I expected, but I did find myself enjoying this one more than the previous book. However I did feel sorry for Zoe, with Digbys arrival her plans have gone astray, and initially is unwilling to have any contact with him and follow him on his stupid investigations, but she isn't one to let her friends get themselves into danger, even if it means making sacrifices with er own friends, and this is one of the many reasons I love this friendship between Digby and Zoe, they are crazy, get up to mischief, and nothing goes as planned, but they are perfect for each other.

Final Verdict
I really enjoyed Trouble Makes a Comeback, and the ending has me needing to have the next book in my hands, eager to find out how this new plan is meant to happen and go down without a hitch.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this series! Zoe and Digby are two of my favourite characters. I'm with you on needing to have the next book in my hands, I can't wait to find out what happens next! I'm so glad you enjoyed this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...