Thursday, 5 January 2017

Book Review: On Broken Wings [Wild Aces #3] by Chanel Cleeton


Title: On Broken Wings
Author: Chanel Cleeton
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Series: Wild Aces #3
Source: Author via NetGalley
Publisher: Berkley
Publication Date: 3rd January 2017
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
A year after losing her husband, Joker, the squadron commander of the Wild Aces, Dani Peterson gets an offer from his best friend, Alex Easy Rogers, to help fix up her house. Dani accepts, and their friendship grows along with an undeniable attraction.
Racked by guilt for loving his best friend s widow, Easy s caught between what he wants and can t have. Until one night everything changes, and the woman who s always held his heart ends up in his arms. Yet as Easy leaves for his next deployment, he and Dani are torn between their feelings and their loyalty to Joker s memory.
But when Dani discovers something that sends them both into a spin, the conflicted lovers must overcome the past to navigate a future together
My Thoughts
On Broken Wings is the final book in the Wild Aces series and one I was eager to read. I've mentioned before that Easy wasn't initially my favourite person, so getting to see his point of view and hear his story was something I have been looking forward to, and honestly have to say I misjudged him in a very big way.

Easy still has feelings for Dani and he took himself away to try to get over her, without success. But he's back on base for a few weeks before deployment and is trying to do what's right for her, even if it means being happy for an upcoming date she is going on....
What did I know? Women were probably into doctors. They made good money, and saved lives, and shit.
Dani is struggling with everything, even a year later. The idea of redecorating the nursery to sell the house brings her to a standstill in the shops, with tears threatening to fall. Having to go on with life after having her dreams and future shattered is not something she thought she would ever have to do and she is finding it really hard. Luckily Easy offers help in getting things sorted for her and making life a bit more easier.

On Broken Wings was a book that took me on an emotional ride I didn't expect. I knew going into this there would be tears, just from the history between the couple, but I wasn't prepared for the flood. We get the guilt from Easy over having feelings for his dead friends widow, then we get the guilt and the sadness from Dani over her feelings for Easy, mixed in with flashbacks and what could have beens.

On Broken Wings was a book I read quite quickly. I needed to know what would happen after each new surprise. With everything that goes on within the pages of this book I quickly became invested in the outcomes of the characters, I really wanted this to end how I imagined it would in my head.
Another thing about this series I like is that we get to catch up with the rest of the group, seeing what they are up to now and how they are getting on, not only in thier relationships with each other but also thier future plans.

Final Verdict
On Broken Wings has to be my favourite book out of them all for many reasons, but mostly for the feelings, the progression of the story as a whole, one that started in Fly With Me, and also how it changed my ideals and feelings towards Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...